Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013 T3 Kinetic
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Ive got my Volvo V40 T3 2013 in November and been looking to make my boy look meaner ever since.
The little mods I've made so far.
AliExpress "Carbon Fibre" Side mirror covers
Wrapped Window trim (my first ever time doing this and quite proud of myself haha just don't get too close to it, and it looks fine) :)
and Cor.Speed Conquer 18" Rims and Continental Premium Contact 6 at 225/45.

I'm looking to get some H&R Lowering springs 25-30mm this summer. :)

Any suggestions are very welcome.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Window
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Grille
Wheel Tire Car Window Vehicle

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi vLewi,

Welcome to the community!

Nice, it looks so much better without the chrome-looking trim. how did you wrap your trim if I may ask? I am thinking of using Plasti Dip to do it.
How are the side mirrors from Ali express any good? easy install, can you share the exact link to which one you bought?

Thanks, bro :)

·
Registered
2013 T3 Kinetic
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Lars

cheers for the welcome

I mostly followed steps all the steps from youtube videos that i watched and tried to remember each steps haha.
I had to get vynil wraps long enough for the trims, cut them to size make sure to leave some play to tuck the wrap, prep and clean the surface and then slowly pealed the vynil wrap across each trim making sure to use a heat gun/ Hair dryer to make the vynil flexible enough for curves and corners. After laying it squeegee out any imperfections with heat. After that use the squeegee to tuck the wrap around the trim and cut out any excess vynil. In the end it was an absolute hassle took me ages to get it half decent hahaha.

I wanted to PlastiDipbut was too unsure about my skill level butI would believe if done properly it is easier and little less hassle, you just have to prepare the area around the trim a bit more. But i feel like it would also be a good solution 👍

I dont think they’re proper Carbon fiber but i was really suprised by how good they looked and fitted. Price is a little steep but from what i can say worth it 👍
The side Mirrors were not too difficult to put on it was just a lot of annoyance trying to find the clips that hold it together hahaha. plastic tools is a must.
Tutorial i followed
The mirror covers

Cheers :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thank you for the detailed explanation and the links, appreciated buddy! Looking forward to your lowering the car, cant wait for some pictures :)

Are you thinking about de-chroming the badges and logos?

·
Registered
2017 R Design D2
667 Posts
Id finish off with a "heico" style stripe at the bottom of the doors. Also, take the back wheels off and paint (after clean and prep) the visible inner wheel arch matt black... :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts