Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody, or has anybody fitted an aftermarket parking camera. Or run any external video source into the standard non nav screen.
There are cheap camera kits on eBay, which may be of poor quality but at £15 worth a go. I just want to know how easy it is to get into the cars screen for video display

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is that the standard audio set up and dash screen? or do yo have nav pack?

I'm certain that with a bit of effort and time there will be a work round to get video to input the screen and be watchable

·
Registered
202 Posts
From what I've gleaned from the images and guides for installing the official cam and the Sensus Connected Touch upgrade, the video input shouldn't be an issue other than sourcing the correct connector on the back of the LCD module in the dash. The problem I see is getting the LCD to switch to that input. Someone on here had a kit that allowed them to mirror their mobile device to the central LCD. That had an ancillary box of tricks that probably facilitated this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.