Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When we ordered the car, we were told that Gard-X was excellent and it only needs to be conditoned once a year. Their website says once a month - anyone know what the deal is? - sorry that wasn't the main question.

What I am curious about is Waxing a treated car. We went to a hand car wash outside Homebase at the weekend. The clean that seemed the best for us included a hand wax & polish. I asked him if it was OK to polish a treated car and he didn't know. We went for it anyway :) - does anyone know if it is either pointless, or worse, damaging, to wax?

Thanks

·
Registered
196 Posts
Can't see any issues, if GuardX is as good as you were told, and it was damaged by nothing but a coat of wax/polish then I'd be moaning!

·
Registered
155 Posts
I did some research on waxes and sealants yesterday, as I'm about to apply some sort of protection. Found quite a lot of advice and product reviews.

Apparently, you can apply the sealant and then the wax, as the sealant leaves a smooth surface and wax should be able to hold on. The other way round allegedly does not work - when you apply the wax, as a natural product it still leaves an uneven surface and the sealant does not cling too well (that is, you can apply it, but it will wash out soon).

That's from one of the sites I found...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
196 Posts
Sealant is often classed as first stage protection, wax as last stage protection (LSP), with the wax going on last in most cases. In all honesty, a good sealant or wax is fine unless you're getting anal about it - both should last at least 3-4 months before another coat is going to be beneficial.

·
Registered
46 Posts
If you look in on the qashqai forum and look up craigfishing he will help you with anything do with whatever waxes you made need as he is every good at detailing.

I'm a Qashqai owner until November. had confirmation of my choice my V40 CC D2 has being ordered.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts