Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, would like to check if anyone has experience on BSR tuning for the VEA engines?

Thinking of getting the T2 tuned, but they don't have a dealer here in Singapore. And I'm not sure if I should go ahead do it myself.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Keep in mind that the ECU (all VEA engines) must be unlocked first, but BSR delivers the decoding tool to do that. Have fun!
Yes I realised too. But it comes with some risk of bricking the ECU. That is why I am hesitant since there is no dealer support here.

Hoping to get some user experience feedback here.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I understand, but I think BSR will not take the risk in delivering a bad tool.
Mine is also tuned by APEC Belgium. I have seen them unmounting the ECU for decoding it, and that is a simple job to do. After decoding, which took 6 seconds, the ECU was mounted again and then the actual tuning (reading the original software and writing the tuned software) is done over the OBD port.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got the BSR tuning package and delivery was really quick!

Got the PPC3 and the Volvo Contact Loader to connect to the ECM direct in about a week.

Sat on it a few weeks and finally got down to removing the ECM for the tune. It was a bit of a hassle to remove the ECM from behind the wheel well lining, but once out the decoding and tuning was simple and instructions were clear enough.

Feels great so far and I found the gears shifting a lot more on point!

Attached some pics of my experience!
IMG_20200108_213250.jpg
IMG_20200108_214809.jpg
IMG_20200105_213746.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good luck to you! (y)
Did you also order the decoding tool which you need to send back?
Keep us posted about your findings.
I decided to get the PPC3, and the Volvo Contact Loader came as a separate box but included in the price. This is a connector thing with a power supply. Basically allows the PPC3 to connect to the ECM direct.

Felt safer this way since I don't have local support here in Singapore.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts