Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello V40Club,

I just installed the Apple Carplay retrofit box to my V40 2017 yesterday and it actually works so I wanted to give back to the community and for anyone who has any questions, let me know :)

In the meantime...

I bought the kit from Kremersino (see attached photo): US $39.0 |Wireless CarPlay Android Auto Retrofit Box for Volvo iSmart auto for Volvo XC70 XC60 S60 V40 V60 V70 Mirroring Link SIRI|Keyless Start System| - AliExpress

I also had to order the USB-AUX conversion box because my V40 does NOT have AUX functionality so this box lets you connect to the USB port meant for iPod (under the armrest)

Installation was easier than I thought and almost no cables are visible... I have to use a microphone they provided though, in their website they mention that using OEM stock microphone creates issues so I just re-router this new microphone cable through the car to rest almost exactly where the OEM is (above driver side's windshield)

I will try to upload a video soon and upload the pictures I took for exact V40 connections.

Have a good day!

·
Registered
473 Posts
that sounds very impressive, looking forward to your video and more info on how you installed it

·
Registered
1 Posts
Awesome! I want to install this same kit, but i dont have much experience opening panels and rewiring stuff, im a total noob at this. Did they send you detailed instructions for installation?
Thanks for sharing your experience! Greetings from Brazil

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hoping you can post more details?
Seems that you might only need the main box if you already have an AUX input on the system?
And you must have to remove the centre console and some other trim for the microphone?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello V40Club,

I just installed the Apple Carplay retrofit box to my V40 2017 yesterday and it actually works so I wanted to give back to the community and for anyone who has any questions, let me know :)
Hello. I also bought the carplay cc-8818 but unfortunately I think it doesn't work. When I turn off the machine it goes into sleep mode and to restart it I have to press the reset. Do you have the manual with the instructions? They only sent me a video for editing. I would need the complete manual. Thanks !!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts