Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys

I am new to the club. I bought a v40 2019 recently . I would like have apple carplay. Is there any way we can upgrade the system easily. Local garage charging 600 pounds in uk to put a new system. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
622 Posts
There is no way to do it easily, the infotainment system pre-dates CarPlay and doesn't meet the technical requirements Apple placed on OEMs.

There are aftermarket modules out there that can add it, a few are even mentioned on the tech pages on this site. How effective they are is questionable.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Thank you for commenting. I think those modules only work in cars that has android system or updated new system.
Not exclusively Android, here is one that has been discussed here before - I just cant vouch for how good it is:
and another
or

It all depends how much you want to spend and how much work you want to put in.

·
Registered
2014 V40 D4
18 Posts
I've installed one of the Kremersino kits in my 2014 V40 - works very well and retains all of the original functions. It's about as effective as you could hope an aftermarket product is, there are a couple of minor quirks but nothing that I'd call a big deal. I've linked a few threads below that helped me figure out the process and a few others as well. Happy to answer any questions!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts