Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys!
I've had my v40 for less than a week now.
I decided to take the Mrs for a drive down the seashore and enjoy the night breeze.

I noticed an irritating noise while placing my arm on the armrest. The latch clip was not closing firmly, leaving a slight opening (half a cm)
The result was a "clap clap" noise every time I was touching the armrest or lifting my arm.
Tomorrow morning I will easily fix this by placing a small bumper sticker ( like the ones you place behind doors) which will be not be visible ( so everything's good)
It's just a bit disappointing ... Anyone had similar issues ?

Nevertheless it was a nice drive in an overall superb car :)

·
Registered
227 Posts
noise

Hello guys!
I've had my v40 for less than a week now.
I decided to take the Mrs for a drive down the seashore and enjoy the night breeze.

I noticed an irritating noise while placing my arm on the armrest. The latch clip was not closing firmly, leaving a slight opening (half a cm)
The result was a "clap clap" noise every time I was touching the armrest or lifting my arm.
Tomorrow morning I will easily fix this by placing a small bumper sticker ( like the ones you place behind doors) which will be not be visible ( so everything's good)
It's just a bit disappointing ... Anyone had similar issues ?

Nevertheless it was a nice drive in an overall superb car :)
GET Them to replace it asap don't do a temp fix they must replace it or adjust it

·
Registered
395 Posts
You mean you would do a bodge job on a brand new car? How will Volvo know that they have quality issues if you dont get them to sort it?

·
Registered
273 Posts
I think I would check that your USB or Ipod cable wasn't hanging over the edge first...if I don't check everything's out of the way, that thing won't close properly!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.