Volvo V40 Forums banner

Arrival time from factory to the dealer?

26K views 46 replies 23 participants last post by  Lloydy 
#1 ·
My V40 has been built yesterday, also 22.8.12. The inport manager told that it takes about 2 - 3 weeks to get the car.

What has been arrival time from the factory to the dealer normally (who has got his V40)?

#2 ·
You will be one of the first :)

On the dutch www.volvo-forum.nl website there are 2 people who will be getting there V40 very soon.
One picks his up this Saturday. And the other is being delivered to the dealer on saturday but need have things done to it so picks it up 1 week later.

By the second person the V40 was build last friday and now delivered to dealer this saturday.

So here is about 1 week from being build to being delivered. But that depends also on when the transport goes from Gent.
But I hope for 1 week since my V40 being build this week would be at dealer next week.. :) Would be nice.

Here in the Netherlands we are close to Belgium off course. Delivery to dealer by road so there for less time.

#3 ·
as Michel mentioned..
for me it's 1 week between finished up at production and delivery at the dealer...
maybe it's even less.. as the dealer checked tuesday morning to see if the car was ready.. and expected delivery is friday...
not 100% sure when the car actually got finished... did go into production last friday...

#5 ·
FulhamFrenzy said:
Mr Peeveli said:
My V40 has been built yesterday, also 22.8.12. The inport manager told that it takes about 2 - 3 weeks to get the car.

What has been arrival time from the factory to the dealer normally (who has got his V40)?
I ordered mine on 1st July in the UK and was told 1st week of October. Not sure whether you're in the UK or elsewhere?
I ordered mine on the 10th & have a delivery date of end September. UK here too

#6 ·
Mine is build :) (ordered mine 19 April)

Delivery between 31-8 and 5-9.. So also 1 week between build and delivery dealer..
Can't wait..

#7 ·
MichelR said:
Mine is build :) (ordered mine 19 April)

Delivery between 31-8 and 5-9.. So also 1 week between build and delivery dealer..
Can't wait..
Very fast! Because I'm living in Finland, I can't dream about this kind of delivery time.:s The dealer is working very slowly, the salesman is very very frustrated (I'm sure he's not willing to serve the customers). This time period from Gent to Hämeenlinna (I'm living in Helsinki but the dealer is about 100 km norther from Helsinki) is so big.

#10 ·
For what its worth ...
I ordered my V40 on 18th August and was initially told late November. The dealer has now said it should arrive in the UK on 15th October.

#11 ·
@Andytech -> Ordered mine on 19 april and still haven't got it.. So that's a long wait.. ;)
(Production customer V40 started in July..)

#13 ·
The danish volvo-site has a 'track and trace' function, that did not work for my car until yesterday, where apparently it was build. Now the state is 'Your Volvo V40 is ready', delivery estimate is week 37! It was ordered in June (week 25).

#14 ·
Andytech said:
I ordered last Saturday and was initially told delivery would be end of September. I had to called in on Tuesday and it had already slipped to "Mid-October". Dealer also said they could not give me a firm date until three weeks before delivery. Doesn't inspire me with confidence :(
It seems we are dealing with two different sales animals. I have the "keep expectations as low as possible" type whereas you have the "tell the customer anything to get them to commit" type. Mine is Squire Furneax in Maidenhead - who's yours?

#15 ·
Marshalls, Milton Keynes.
To be fair, they haven't given us any bad news yet. But I have a gut feeling that it might go that way with that unknown weeks of waiting.
I work in a manufacturing business. Our customers expect and get a delivery date within a day or so of placing their order.

#16 ·
Checked with the dealer today, mine is still on track for 10th Sept build, with the dealer on 27th, he said expect expect car to be ready 1st Oct. It's been a long wait already since placing the order on 13th July...

#17 ·
Ahhh C30 order flasbacks! Not an enjoyable time..not looking forward to going through it all again

#18 ·
Still waiting for my V40 to arrive at the dealer..
Hope this week at the dealer.

Last week some people already got there V40's here in the Netherlands..
And the first photo's and thoughts are on www.volvo-forum.nl :)

All positive but also a minus.. There is a resonance in one of the doors when you turn up the Bass of the audio.

#19 ·
Almost Michel :)
Been driving my v40 for a few days now.. Absolutely fantastic... :)
Only as Michel mentioned there is some resonance in the door with music with some more decent base.. No need even to turn up the music massively...

#20 ·
Patrickv said:
Only as Michel mentioned there is some resonance in the door with music with some more decent base.. No need even to turn up the music massively...
It seems great good!:cool:

Happy news: my dealer called today and said my V40 is there now and I'll get it friday, 7.9.12. Yippee!:)

#25 ·
Patrickv said:
Hi

Your V40 in black looks lovely, i have ordered black as well, but have been told November delivery.

Enjoy

#26 ·
Now got inside info about the whereabouts of my V40.
On the dutch volvo-forum there are also some people who work at Volvo.

So it seems my V40 is still waiting for transport at the factory in Gent.
Already build 2 weeks ago..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.