Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After about 8 months waiting (for it to be released in Australia and then ordering) I picked up the car last week. It certainly has not disappointed. I ordered the top range T4 with the addition of driver's support pack, panoramic roof, 18" tyres and modern wood dash panel. Total cost was around AUD58,500 (approx. EUR40,000/STG34,000). Colour was the 'hero choice' (as in the one that is used most often in the ads) of Barittz Blue and blond leather interior. I'll try and put pictures up if I can figure out how to do it!

The small negatives (for the V40 designers to note) :
1) Air vents are placed in exactly the spot where, if you are holding the steering wheel correctly, your hands block the air stream
2) No separate air vents in rear like most cards have (even if its at back of centre console)
3) Ambient coloured lighting are a bit of nothing and you hardly notice them

That's all I can think of for now. Otherwise a great package.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pictures of car uploaded I think

After about 8 months waiting (for it to be released in Australia and then ordering) I picked up the car last week. It certainly has not disappointed. I ordered the top range T4 with the addition of driver's support pack, panoramic roof, 18" tyres and modern wood dash panel. Total cost was around AUD58,500 (approx. EUR40,000/STG34,000). Colour was the 'hero choice' (as in the one that is used most often in the ads) of Barittz Blue and blond leather interior. I'll try and put pictures up if I can figure out how to do it!

The small negatives (for the V40 designers to note) :
1) Air vents are placed in exactly the spot where, if you are holding the steering wheel correctly, your hands block the air stream
2) No separate air vents in rear like most cards have (even if its at back of centre console)
3) Ambient coloured lighting are a bit of nothing and you hardly notice them

That's all I can think of for now. Otherwise a great package.
Pictures of car uploaded I think...

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yes ... the other thing is that the panoramic roof doesn't come far enough over the driver. Unlike the sunroof in my old Alfa 147, the driver/front passenger get little benefit as you can not look up, you have to look up and tilt back. Having said that it certainly does make the car less claustrophobic and enclosed. It would be great if it could steal forward an extra 10-15 cm so the people in the front can benefit more. I do appreciate that in the current design there are things to prevent this happening - not the least of which is space for the blind to roll into. Perhaps it could roll to the back instead and the switches etc. could be reworked to give that extra space?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess in Australia where summer is usually between 35 - 40 C it's good to have a cooling source of air in the back that you can feel but I can understand that in colder countries having the primary focus of warm air coming through and rising makes sense.

·
Registered
214 Posts
At night the ambient light color is very good visible.

Already noticed the point about the panoramic roof when I first looked at the V40.
it's only useful for the rear seat passengers. As a drive you have almost no benefit from it.
And therefor I did not ordered it.

And indeed the vents for the backseats are underneath the front seats.

·
Registered
221 Posts
My wife loves the roof, she felt the car was too oppressive in black interior until she sat in one with the panoramic roof, that sealed the deal for her. It's permanently open when she is in the car now.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Guys,

Question on the blind/cover for the panoramic roof. What sort of blind or cover is it? - ie is it solid or just a fabric type blind.

We are seriously looking at replacing our '09 C30 T5 with a V40 and while we love the idea of the panoramic roof, just a little concerned about the effectiveness of the blind in shutting out the sun when required. We live in Brisbane Australia which is classified as a sub-tropical climate. Our second car is a X3 30d with a panoramic roof and one of the (minor) contributing factors in getting it over the likes of the XC60 and Q5 was that it did have a solid blind.

Tony

·
Registered
225 Posts
It's a fabric blind and it shuts the sun out completely.
Thanks for the reply - I guessed it was a fabric blind. The panoramic roof was only a thought and here in Australia its a AU$2,650 option stand-alone option!!! Just for a fixed non-opening bit of glass. Its only AU$300 less than the opening panoramic roof on an XC60. As good as I'm sure it is we wont be getting it.

Tony

·
Registered
12 Posts
Geez i am surprised with the diesel comsumption of my mew V40 6,8L/100 Km or 14.6 Km/Liter. its much better that my s40 ever was

1 - 12 of 12 Posts