Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have had my v40 t2 , silver, SE Lux, for a week now and it's a great car. No long trips yet but good fuel consumption and great car, very happy. Bad news is got my first stone chip on bumper today but no way to avoid them. This is my 5th Volvo, great cars all of the but this is the best so far.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Welcome aboard. I know how annoying those first marks are.... Managed to kerb my front wheel last week trying to get out of a parking space at our local train station after someone parked so close next to me that I had to turn my nose away from them in order to avoid hitting mirrors (even with mine retracted) NOT a happy bunny :(

Then tonight in the high winds had something fly off a long haulage trailer and bounce off my car - heard the bang but haven't found any marks yet. Will have a proper look in daylight. Take care out there everyone, it's gnarly!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Looks like you have similar wheels to me. It takes virtually nothing to scuff them. Am thinking of getting the Black and Decker out when I next clean her!

·
Registered
78 Posts
what are you planning to do with the B&D Imfudd try to sand back a little bit? Will then need some clear coat? Wifey has also done one of her fronts already

·
Registered
382 Posts
Yes, I guess you would need to protect after rubbing down.

I showed mine to a company that powder coats alloys (that come-up like new) but he said they wont touch Diamond Cuts!

He also said that I was too bothered by a such a small bruise, but it seems to stand-out so!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.