Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

My new ice white d2 with winter pack arriving next week with any luck!

Must admit I'm incredibly excited, although after reading a few posts I'm not sure whether I am getting the MY14 model or not?

My burning question is what real world mpg others are getting with normal every day driving?

·
Registered
94 Posts
For me A disappointing 51mpg. Mixed driving. Air con off mostly.

·
Registered
382 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Try the What Car? magazine true mpg calculator. It looks like you're likely to get somewhere in the 50s depending on your driving style. http://www.whatcar.com/truempg/my-true-mpg#
Good pointer Yellowbelly. With the most economical style it states 46 and with the optimum conditions it shows 61. This reflects the majority of the views on this site doesn't it.

It also states the average is 56 and that just about spot-on for my accumalative total.

We all know that fast acceleration and high speeds will kill your MPG but sometimes it just has to be done. Within the law of course.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
At the end of the day, mpg will by and large be relative to where you live. I am within 2 miles of the duel carriage way and motorway. My office is within 2 miles of the motor way at the other end. I drive 1000 miles to the office and back each month. This is how I can achieve mpg In the high 70's. Simple.

All mpg sites will have a anomalies based on their testing regime. They are a guide from which you need to understand the parameters. What Car for example. They do the mpg test over 50 miles. The first 10 miles is city driving at an average of 15 mph. The next 30 miles are spent on the motorway at an average speed of 60 mph. A final 10 miles are spent in the city at and average speed of 15 mph. Now it does not take much to work out if you sat a car at a steady 60 you would thrash the what car numbers. Being so close to the roads I drive on is the very reason I got a car that will achieve high 70 mpg in these conditions. The what car test wil be more reliable than the crap honest john mpg site where people record their mpg. This will inevitably bring in errors. But the what car mpg figures are still based on a test where the parameters may not work for you. One size does not fit all.

·
Registered
221 Posts

I have the D2 R-Design Powershift (auto) and my average is 47.3 MPG over the life of the car so far. (delivery was 16th July 2013)

My driving is mostly sub 15 mile trips (wife taking it to the office). Once cruising on the motorway, it has edged to 60 MPG. On a trip to Germany where we stuck to the speed limit all the way there, we were able to get just over 62 MPG, but that got annihilated when we hit the autobahn, as I wanted to see what she could actually do. No Ferrari for sure, but I was happy with her performance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.