1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
40 Posts
I actually watched this last night on youtube! (Great minds hey :) )

There was a youtube video of a review that Fifth gear did (but they reviewed the diesel version) but was still great to hear what they thought of the interior/exterior etc They show the parking assis too which was great to watch. I havent been game enough to try it yet..

·
Registered
110 Posts
They show the parking assis too which was great to watch. I havent been game enough to try it yet..
Easy Peasy. Magic and the best mag saver ever.
Just watch out for vehicles with long overhanging trays. Almost had one of those through the side window this morning.
(Edit: Just watched the Fifth gear video. Who needs the park assist!)
What I have not been game to try is the Automous Emergency Braking (City safe). The dealer did a demo and it worked for him :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
They show the parking assis too which was great to watch. I havent been game enough to try it yet..
I did'nt end up getting the driver assist package as I thought if I can reverse park a Nissan Patrol with 3" of lift I can surely reverse park a little Volvo with a reversing camera!

The only thing I havent been game enough to try is the smart city stop function! I actually took the car back to the dealer a week later so he could prove to me it worked! He said over the phone that he garanteed it 100% to work so I took it in to him and have him show me cause if it didnt work then he could pay the bill to fix it! He put out the 2 barrier type things and reversed back about 15m then drove straight towards it at about 25-35kph and it worked really well!

About 2 days later I was leaving a carpark with a boom gate and needed to get up close to the boom to have it activate to open and the smart stop kicked in and stopped me getting too close! I'm still yet to try it on the road with another car in front of me cause knowing my luck, that would be the day it decides not to work!! LOL

I'll just let it be till the day its needed without me planning on it! I guess if I go for a drive through Bondi on a hot day Im sure there will be plenty of things outside of the car to distract me and it may just be needed!

I remember about 10 years ago I nearly crashed a work vehicle (Brand new Holden Commodore) because I was too busy perving on a nice young lass then next thing I know there's a big dirty truck infront of me and I stopped literally less than 6 inches from its bumper! Had I not stopped I dont know what the consequences have been considering it was a Defence vehicle (I was in the Army for 17 years until I was medically discharged last year in June).

·
Registered
40 Posts
I did'nt end up getting the driver assist package as I thought if I can reverse park a Nissan Patrol with 3" of lift I can surely reverse park a little Volvo with a reversing camera!

The only thing I havent been game enough to try is the smart city stop function! I actually took the car back to the dealer a week later so he could prove to me it worked! He said over the phone that he garanteed it 100% to work so I took it in to him and have him show me cause if it didnt work then he could pay the bill to fix it! He put out the 2 barrier type things and reversed back about 15m then drove straight towards it at about 25-35kph and it worked really well!

About 2 days later I was leaving a carpark with a boom gate and needed to get up close to the boom to have it activate to open and the smart stop kicked in and stopped me getting too close! I'm still yet to try it on the road with another car in front of me cause knowing my luck, that would be the day it decides not to work!! LOL

I'll just let it be till the day its needed without me planning on it! I guess if I go for a drive through Bondi on a hot day Im sure there will be plenty of things outside of the car to distract me and it may just be needed!

I remember about 10 years ago I nearly crashed a work vehicle (Brand new Holden Commodore) because I was too busy perving on a nice young lass then next thing I know there's a big dirty truck infront of me and I stopped literally less than 6 inches from its bumper! Had I not stopped I dont know what the consequences have been considering it was a Defence vehicle (I was in the Army for 17 years until I was medically discharged last year in June).
haha! dirty dirty :p

I cringe when the adaptive cruise control kicks in. I keep worrying it wont slow down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.