Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After tracking it for about 6 months, the V40 was launched in Australia about a month ago. So much better then all the German clones - even if I have to put up with the 'old man' comments - this coming from someone who's just ordered a Merc as well!

Previous car was a 2 litre, manual Alfa 147 which I loved to bits but it was 11 years old so time to go. No major problems with it.

Just ordered the T4 in Biarritz Blue with blond in blond leather - pretty much fully specced - tinted windows, panoramic roof, wireless start and driver's assist package. Also went for the modern wood dash inlay - though I wish I could have looked at one in the flesh or at least in a decent photo before I ordered that instead of the normal metal one. Went for he Taranis 7.5x18" Silver Bright wheels as the ones that came with it here (Segomo) seemed a bit agricultural looking. My initial quote when I went to the dealer was a $61,000 on roadaod but as I'm taking out a lease with Macquarie Leasing they were able to get a sharper price of $57,900 on road as well as extended 5 year warranty, servicing and breakdown service - which probably will save me another $2,500! Plus I can pay my lease with Amex for not extra charge - so well worth it : ) Should get enough points to fly to Sweden and check out HO!

Arrival is slated for July - which I hope is right as coming back from holiday mid July and will be nice to look forward to!

Any other Australian purchasers there?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Kevin
Congrats on the order. I too am considering a T4 and am wary of the "old man/ bloody Volvo driver" stigma, which my wife was quick to highlight, until I took her for test drive which I think has changed her view somewhat.

I understand Volvo Aust offer 5 year free servicing for corporate purchases. Do you know if the extended service /warranty / breakdown service with yours is part of this program, or separately offered by your lease company?

In the meantime, I wish you patience until July.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi VolvOz, I was also advised by Volvo dealer (here in Oz VIC) that corporate customers are eligible for 5 years extended warranty. All you need is a written confirmation on the company's letterhead and you're all good to go with the extended warranty.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
VolvOz said:
Hi Kevin
Congrats on the order. I too am considering a T4 and am wary of the "old man/ bloody Volvo driver" stigma, which my wife was quick to highlight, until I took her for test drive which I think has changed her view somewhat.

I understand Volvo Aust offer 5 year free servicing for corporate purchases. Do you know if the extended service /warranty / breakdown service with yours is part of this program, or separately offered by your lease company?

In the meantime, I wish you patience until July.
[hr]
Hi - The warranty and servicing is, I think the NRMA membership is provided by Macquarie Leasing.

Hopefully when people see them in the flesh it will start to dispel the old man stuff. Just use the word 'clone' when people say stuff like "you could have got a merc/bmw/audi/VW" for that price.

I haven't seen one on the road as yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts