Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Forum.
I have a CC T5 2018, due to a mix up it did not come with the auto dimming rear view mirror. I have had one fitted but it only works for a few seconds and shuts off. The local Volvo dealer says it will never work because there is hardware missing. Can I just wire in a power supply and therefore bypass the cars computer. If this could work, does anyone know the correct wiring polarity for the little 3 pin block connector on the mirror shaft?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Seems there are 2 versions of the mirror being manual or automitic anti-dazzle. And a third version with a compass as well.

If you see number 6, there is some sort of related software, but my guess is that it's if you have the automatic mirror installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
V40 MY13
41 Posts
is there any software needed to get this thing running?
I replaced manual dimm mirrow for auto dimm (socket connected) but it doesnt work...

dealer cant help me with that :(

·
Registered
179 Posts
is there any software needed to get this thing running?
I replaced manual dimm mirrow for auto dimm (socket connected) but it doesnt work...

dealer cant help me with that :(
According to the accessory fitting instructions, software order number 31278413 has to be downloaded to the car. The parts list image a couple of posts above mentions software 31330675, so that may be a later version.

VDash claims to also be able to configure it, but you'd have to use it to crack your CEM PIN code first, then pay for the software download, which I'm guessing from similar downloads is probably about 120 euros.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts