Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I have a 2019 (68 plate) V40 T3 Inscription auto. Love the car, but this week I had an identical loan car while mine had a service. I noticed that the one I borrowed had door mirrors that dipped when in reverse. Mine does not have this option. Am I missing something? Nothing in the menu option for mirrors except auto fold on lock ?

·
Registered
941 Posts
A warm welcome to the forum Sparky_D & Stevenson438! Good to hear from you both :)
Stevenson 438 is half right in that the dipping mirrors were only available as an OPTION on cars with powered seats.

We were very lucky here in Australia as Volvo Australia decided to option at least all R Designs shipped here with dipping mirrors as standard as well as a few other niceties like the cooled glovebox, sliding centre armrest, adjustable steering force, folding boot floor, front & rear ambient lighting & 12v boot outlet.
I think they were ALL options in some if not all other markets though.

I hope you continue to enjoy your V40 despite the omission!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi. Yes I have the ambience lighting, sliding armrest, cooling in glove box and two layer boot floor. I’m pretty sure I have a 12v supply in the boot as well. Weirdly they have omitted a lamp in left side rear fog light but holder and wiring in there. Might try a lamp in it to see if it works! I’m thinking that maybe it’s a software issue for the mirrors

·
Registered
941 Posts
I’m thinking that maybe it’s a software issue for the mirrors
You would have 2 check boxes below the option to auto fold the mirrors if the auto dip function was fitted. One for each wing mirror.
Having said that, it can't hurt to ask your dealer if it can be "activated".
It might pay to be sitting down when you ask though, as nothing is cheap to retrofit to a Volvo if indeed it is even possible!
Best of luck ;)

·
Registered
144 Posts
With my V40 I can dip the mirror with 1 button when I place it in reverse and simply tap the button for mirror adjustment (R or L). That automatically dips the mirror.
Hope that works for you as well, but you need some kind of option or pack to have it, as it didn't work on my previous V40.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi all. I have a 2019 (68 plate) V40 T3 Inscription auto. Love the car, but this week I had an identical loan car while mine had a service. I noticed that the one I borrowed had door mirrors that dipped when in reverse. Mine does not have this option. Am I missing something? Nothing in the menu option for mirrors except auto fold on lock ?
If applicable to your car here is the appropriate page concerning mirror dipping in reverse (R) gear for parking:
Best wishes and enjoy your V40.

"Door mirrors

The door mirror positions are adjusted with the

joystick in the driver's door controls.

Controls for door mirrors.

Adjusting

1. Press the L button for the left-hand door mirror

or the R button for the right-hand door

mirror. The light in the button illuminates.

2. Adjust the position with the joystick in the

centre.

3. Press the L or R button again. The light

should no longer be illuminated.

WARNING

Both mirrors are bent to provide optimal

vision. Objects may appear further away than

they actually are.

Storing settings26

The settings for the door mirrors and the positions

of the driver's seat can be stored for each

remote control key in the car key memory*, see

Remote control key - personalisation* (p. 157).

Angling the door mirror when parking26

The door mirror can be angled down for the

driver to view the side of the road when parking

for example.

– Engage reverse gear and press the L or R

button.

When reverse gear is disengaged the mirror

automatically returns to its original position after

approx. 10 seconds, or earlier by pressing the

button labelled L or R respectively.

Automatic angling of the door mirror

when parking26

When reverse gear is engaged the door mirror is

automatically angled down so that the driver can

see the side of the road when parking for example.

When reverse gear is disengaged the mirror
automatically returns to its original position after

a short time.

The function can be activated/deactivated in the

menu system MY CAR, see MY CAR (p. 113)."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts