Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found that when the auto door lock setting is on the rear doors remain locked even when you switch off. I find this a pain as you have to remember to use the Unlock button under the dash or use the fob to unlock them. Has anyone else found this?

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have found that when the auto door lock setting is on the rear doors remain locked even when you switch off. I find this a pain as you have to remember to use the Unlock button under the dash or use the fob to unlock them. Has anyone else found this?
Yep; my previous Volvo, a 2008 S40 had the same feature/issue.

I've got into the habit of hitting the central locking button before opening the driver's door. It would be better if you could configure the rear locks to unlock when the driver's door opens.

·
Registered
155 Posts
It annoyed me too until I disabled auto door lock in the system settings. I realised I don't really need it. If I really want the doors shut (e.g. stuck in traffic in a seedy neighbourhood), I will remember to lock doors anyhow.

---------------------
Volvo V40 D2 Momentum, Ice White, Premium Sound, BLIS+LKA+RSI, TFT Display, Heated Windscreen, Rear Park Assist, Active High Beam, Power Child Lock

·
Registered
221 Posts
It's annoying yes, but I choose to live with it rather than disable it. Every manufacturer has their quirky bits :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm fairly certain there is a setting where you can set all doors to open as opposed to just the driver's door. I

·
Registered
155 Posts
Yes, there is. It's buried somewhere in the car settings menu.

---------------------
Volvo V40 D2 Momentum, Ice White, Premium Sound, BLIS+LKA+RSI, TFT Display, Heated Windscreen, Rear Park Assist, Active High Beam, Power Child Lock

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.