Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if it is normal for the headlamps and brake lights to turn on when it gets dark and the parked car's lights are on auto? I was surprised to find my new V40's lights on yesterday evening, couldnt believe the light sensors work with no key in the ignition.

·
Registered
458 Posts
That doesn't sound right! I would double check the position of the light switch.

Reactions: VeeForty Deetoo

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the light switch was on auto. the lights only stay off when they are manually switched to off. i was just amazed that the light/dark sensors activated when the car was parked in the evening. the manual doesnt seem to mention this.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Pressing the light button on the remote will turn them on/off

·
Registered
509 Posts
I once left my car on the parking lights switch, when it was cloudy but got brighter, car didn't give me any warning when I left it. Returned when the sun was setting and got a shock, why were the lights on? Was your switch on the parking lights? On Auto, it will only work on with ignition on, and even on the remote light switch, it should also have the mirror lights on when pressed and it should go off after 30 secs or so.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think it was on auto, but may have also been the setting to the left of it. im not sure which is the parking lights setting? What happened to you sounds very similar to me. strange why the sensors would still be operational??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts