Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I will be ordering a new D2 R design soon but can't decide if I should go for Automatic or Manual??

I have already test drove a manual ( it's good) however was also considering a Auto but my local dealer did not have one in for me to check out :(

Need feedback from all who have an Auto 1.6 or anything really on what you guys think of the Auto gearbox?

Really appreciate any comments....Thanks everyone ;)

·
Registered
395 Posts
I have driven both and the manual is the same as any manual. I have only had true autos in the past but the D2 has Power Shift and is what i have. I like it - quite smooth and comparable to the Merc and Octavia that i test drove. You can also select sport mode which holds you in the same gear for longer. This is not a true sports mode ie it does not change suspension, steering or throttle response but is quite nice anyway. Fuel consumption and acceleration is worse with PowerShift.
You need to drive both and make up your own mind, though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's just like the old chestnut of which engine or spec is better, it's all down to the buyers personal requirements and choice, personally I am auto driver and on the test drive was very pleased with the powershift and found it very smooth and responsive, much better then the box in my focus which you can really feel changing up and is a bit lumpy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.