Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I use the 'press and hold open button' feature to wind down all the windows on a hot day. However, I also sometimes have a sun shade on the back window for my little one...

I'm sure you can see where this is going - I recently got the sun shade sucked half way into the door mechanism. I managed to retrieve it but it was a total faff, and I also had to do a bit of a repair job on some of the rubber seals that live down there as they got bent out of shape.

Anyway, my real question is if there's any way to make it so this function only operates the front windows? If not, I'm bound to end up doing the same thing again some day....

·
Registered
54 Posts
I don't know what type of sunshades you are using. The original ones don't use suction cups and shades actually don't touch window itself. I can open the windows and they stay on its places.

Link to the original Volvo accessory page:

·
Registered
200 Posts
AFAIK the auto open/close only operates all the windows (and sunroof if fitted) I haven't seen any menu option to disable the rear windows.

You could try to use the rear window lock switch (on the drivers door) then see if it only operates the front windows.

Otherwise look on eBay to see if you can find some OEM shades with proper clips rather than the stick on variety.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I agree, the ones I have for the side windows are great. The one for the rear window could fit a little better, it sags at one side. But, the rear window is a different set than the side windows.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just meant they are not the official ones, not that I don't want the official ones. Lost in translation

1 - 7 of 7 Posts