Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
Just wondering if there is a way to increase the sensitivity of the auto windscreen wipers, in light rain and drizzle for myself I find it doesn't activate quickly enough, at night it's very hard to see with all the rain sat on my windscreen and end up turning it off and going back to manual. Any ideas
Thanks
Howie

·
Registered
196 Posts
Check out the likes of GTechniq G5 - any decent rain repellent (of which I do not include RainX which is silicone based, smears, and lasts less than a week) SIGNIFICANTLY improves visibility in rain and does not appear to have affected the auto-wiper function on our V40.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hello everyone,
Just wondering if there is a way to increase the sensitivity of the auto windscreen wipers, in light rain and drizzle for myself I find it doesn't activate quickly enough, at night it's very hard to see with all the rain sat on my windscreen and end up turning it off and going back to manual. Any ideas
Thanks
Howie
To be sure, have you tried all 4 sensitivity settings on the control stalk ? I find mine to be overly sensitive on the most sensitive setting.

·
Registered
196 Posts
The settings are just changed on the stalk, there's a twisty bit on the stalk which alters the sensitivity, it isn't a menu option on the dash screen.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Check out the likes of GTechniq G5 - any decent rain repellent (of which I do not include RainX which is silicone based, smears, and lasts less than a week) SIGNIFICANTLY improves visibility in rain and does not appear to have affected the auto-wiper function on our V40.
I have been using RainX for years on my Lotus (and before) and not had an issue, The single wiper and the curvature of the screen on the Lotus mean the wipe is pants so every little helps, you just need to put enough on and it lasts for ages, having said that I will try the Gtechnig stuff when I have run out of RainX as it is getting some decent reviews (I must learn not to believe the hype:p)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts