Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening. I've flicked through this forum since first ordering my car back in March. I'm now approaching 6k miles in my R-Design D4.

I'm wondering if anybody else has picked up any scratches on the gloss black plastic that seems to be grabbed by everybody opening (when getting in) or closing (when getting out) all of the doors. Somebody (I think my mum) has put a nice ring scratch on the passenger door already :(

Looking around my work car park today, several cars have a vinyl coating over these areas - I think a matt black would look fine there. If enough people were interested in them maybe we could organise a group buy for some discount?

I think some heavy gauge stuff with a light texture that wouldn't show any scratches or swirls and was fully resistant to pressure washes etc...

·
Registered
196 Posts
I guess some exterior grade vinyl would work, though I have some paintwork sealant which is good for plastics too, if nothing else it'll make these parts a bit more slippery and less scratch prone...

·
Registered
945 Posts
I have these kinds of trim on my BMW and Audi prior to having on my V40 Rd.

I have found that the Maguires Plastic polish, it is like a cream you can use on headlights etc. has a fine enough cut to loose (fill)/remove the scratches

Also when washing, yes I am a bit OCD, I always snow foam and then before I was any other part of the car with my mit, I was the gloss black bits very, very carefully (door mirrors, door trims, front grill and rear spoiler extensions) using plenty of water and rinsing the wit between each part.

Hopefully this will help keep them looking good.:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts