Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody done a back box delete on a d4 v40 , I am looking for info on sound.

Also I want to fit 18 or 19" wheels but have seen loads of posts saying its hard work and parts need changing, my car is a 2014 d4 with 17" as standard, I do want to be lowering t 20 to 30mm as well
Any advice would be great

·
Registered
275 Posts
A tuning company also offered me a back box delete (600 euro to put inox pipes instead), however it is not legal in Belgium. Is it legal in the UK?

·
Registered
35 Posts
the cars with 7 inch width rims im led to believe will need an ecu reprogram for the abs??? (sounds odd) and a rack limiter fitting, ( did this on olk ford KA's to get a 15" on) basically 2 clamps on the rack to prevent the bigger wheels fouling the inside arch on full lock, as far as sound, couldnt say, but a pal removed the backbox on a 2015 VW Beetle,1600 diesel making way for airbag suspension and it made no noticeable difference, which surprised me slightly...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
why does the ecu need a reprogram surly if you pick a tyre/wheel combo that has same rolling radius as the standard 17 wheel I fail to see why it effects the car

·
Registered
35 Posts
agreed, up an inch down a profile, hence my several question marks!, doesnt quite sound right? I cant remember where i saw the info,but it encouraged me to build a large potting shed rather than buy a set of polestars at the time. Maybe the info was aimed at folk not keeping within rolling radius...Or maybe m y w i f e posted it to stop me buying the polestars:mad:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Has anybody done a back box delete on a d4 v40 , I am looking for info on sound.

Also I want to fit 18 or 19" wheels but have seen loads of posts saying its hard work and parts need changing, my car is a 2014 d4 with 17" as standard, I do want to be lowering t 20 to 30mm as well
Any advice would be great
You will feel every lump and bump through your bottom, spine and head with bigger wheels and lower profile tyres.
Rim tyre damage will be your new best friend. Lowering it will only make it worse with less suspension travel. Suspension wear will increase. Kerbs and crossing will becoming your exhaust new friends. Being a diesel you won't be doing track work, so get some black rims to get the lowered look. You will also lower the resale value of such a highly modified car. My 50p worth

1 - 7 of 7 Posts