Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2018 MY, T3 R-Design Pro, Xenium pack
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gang.

After a brief stint with a Peugeot 3008 (not recommended) I’m back with another V40.

I bought this one remotely...and didn’t realise this one had the spare wheel option added - this means it has the variable boot floor, leaving a smaller boot space for luggage.
I’m going to try to squeeze everything in as is, but wondered whether anyone has ever switched this setup for a standard floor (appreciate this would mean I would have to leave the spare wheel behind). Is it possible, and is it very expensive?

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
292 Posts
i removed my standard boot floor, replacing with the variable as I refuse to be without a spare! its only a few cm depth lost, but agree the boot is a little small...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fair enough [mention]VeeForty Deetoo [/mention] - a puncture repair kit is no kind of fun!

·
Registered
2015 R-Design T2
24 Posts
Hi gang.

After a brief stint with a Peugeot 3008 (not recommended) I’m back with another V40.

I bought this one remotely...and didn’t realise this one had the spare wheel option added - this means it has the variable boot floor, leaving a smaller boot space for luggage.
I’m going to try to squeeze everything in as is, but wondered whether anyone has ever switched this setup for a standard floor (appreciate this would mean I would have to leave the spare wheel behind). Is it possible, and is it very expensive?

Cheers!

I fitted the raised boot floor because I wanted to carry a spare. The original boot floor is just taking up space in my garage. I'm sure I could be persuaded to sell it for a small fee.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers [mention]Derek996 [/mention] I will drop you a line

·
Registered
9 Posts
I removed the spare wheel and I put in my old C30 puncture kit. Coming from a C30 the boot looks huge, but actually is not for a car that get a V (versatile) in its name!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts