Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not quite as good as I had hoped.......sorry

The car went in to the front bumper trim replacing, the centre console squeak sorting again, the audio system resetting and them looking at my warn seat piping.

They told me yesterday they had already order me a new base.

I took it in this morning, showed them the warn piping, the front bumper trim, how the centre console squeaks (and that I know the screws are not tight as this reduces the squeaking as it is where the back meats the shiny facia) and reminded them re checking the audio and DO NOT WASH IT!

I went to pick it up tonight, they have refitted the bumper trim, 3rd (or is it 4th) time and about a year later it all seems fine :0)

The centre console has been removed the have lubricated where the plastic a back meets the shiny facia bit and used loads of anti rattle tape......so this has been fixed on the 2nd attempt after I diagnosed the fault for them :0)

Audio, could not find a fault and it has latest software, as it has only happened since last sat nav update it may be to early to know if this is causing issues, so I should just keep my eye on it :0/

Seat base, not swapped they have taken photos to sent to Volvo (not that that will show much due to size of the piping etc) so I told them to put in the report they confirm the leatherette coving has come off and they said they will :0/

Now the bad bit............they tried to wash it GGGGRRR I say tried as despite causing micro scratches on my highly polished piano black trims where they have wiped them with a dirty sponge, (not had chance to check rest of paint but I have my polisher ready so will now have to spend another day on it getting my finish back, annoyed as only did it last month) oh they also managed to smear some of the muck over the rear bumper :0(

To be fare at least 2of the long standing issues have been sorted :0)

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Well that was not exactly a shock! I guessed what was coming. ;) Anyhow, I am glad you may be getting SOME resolve to your issues after all this time. :)

Hey, my V40 is not far off 2 year old and its still only been washed 3 times, each time by the dealer. If I was worried about micro scratches I would wrap it up in a sealed environment and not drive the car for the 3 years it is with me. :)

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I use meguires plastX, I have had it for years and can't remember what I got it for but found it worked well when I had my BMW that had loads of piano black, but not as much as the Volvo, B & C pillars, boot trim & spoiler tips.

Do it by hand very lightly

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.