Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its maybe just me missing something completely obvious but the mpg read out on the dash display on my D2 never goes above showing 50mpg - yet if I select the drive stats on the MY CAR option on the main screen it will be reading a different MPG - I've tried resetting both but doesnt seem to make any difference - today on the way back from work - dash display sat at 50mpg and on the main screen I was getting 63mpg (as an average). Any suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
192 Posts
Well that puts a swift end to that thread!! Ha!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
assuming its the car that has bug and not me - although there are plenty folk who probably disagree with me. Trip to the dealer then...........

·
Registered
60 Posts
kiter said:
assuming its the car that has bug and not me - although there are plenty folk who probably disagree with me. Trip to the dealer then...........
Is it included in the dealer software update as i am putting mine in soon for the windscreen washer recall

·
Registered
117 Posts
I posted about this last year - As people have said it's a known bug, relating to the "instantaneous" MPG on the TFT display. It was annoying at first but, used to it now. Sometimes you can become a little to obsessed with MPG.

No dealer fix as yet.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I don't have this problem with the Analogue disply. Couldn't see any great advantage in the TFT display

·
Registered
33 Posts
I get 58.8 mpg (4.8 l/100 km) on the TFT display and 60.1 mpg (4.7 l/100 km) on the chart graph. Maybe the difference comes because the TFT display shows the average over the entire range driven until now after reset and the mpg shown on the bar graph is the average of the range shown on the bar graph that currently fits on the display (last 100KM).

·
Registered
117 Posts
cemi said:
I get 58.8 mpg (4.8 l/100 km) on the TFT display and 60.1 mpg (4.7 l/100 km) on the chart graph. Maybe the difference comes because the TFT display shows the average over the entire range driven until now after reset and the mpg shown on the bar graph is the average of the range shown on the bar graph that currently fits on the display (last 100KM).
Your talking about the average MPG figures - The bug relates to the instantaneous reading

·
Registered
13 Posts
I don't appear to have this bug? My instantaneous display often shows over 50 - up to 99.9. Equally often well below 50 of course! I have TFT display. Appears not to be a universal bug therefore. Not helpful I know!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
8 Participants
Mje2408
Volvo V40 Forums
If you've ever wondered what modifications or upgrades you can do to a Volvo V40, this is the right owners club for you.
Full Forum Listing