Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I've got a 2015 V40 cc D3 that came with a 19 inch profile tyre. Although I don't take the car off-road, I do drive on roads that are not tarred which can be quite rough with this profile of tyre. What profile and type of tyre would be best for this kind of driving ?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have 225/50 17 inch size tyres on my D3 V40CC.

The standard size on my car would have been 16 inch wheels on 205/60 but I think the 17s are a good compromise for ride quality and performance.

I have Michelin Cross climate plus tyres fitted, which are an all year mud and snow tyre.

They have been fine in the hot summer and I know from having them on another car how good they are in winter.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have 225/50 17 inch size tyres on my D3 V40CC.

The standard size on my car would have been 16 inch wheels on 205/60 but I think the 17s are a good compromise for ride quality and performance.

I have Michelin Cross climate plus tyres, which are an all year mud and snow tyre.

·
Registered
35 Posts
problem is the lower profile doesnt deal with terrain, change them to 17" is likely your best option, if you increase the profile of the 19" you might foul the body, and the speedo wont read true

·
Registered
699 Posts
I too have 17" wheels on my CC (T5) and now also have Michelin CrossClimate tyres. Seems a good compromise on handling and comfort and dealing with poor roads and winter weather.

Reactions: Kay
1 - 5 of 5 Posts