Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

So got call from the dealer today, i got some errors popping up about the steering assist. turns out the powersteering-rack module broke down and the whole steeringrack needs to be replaced, so what does this joke cost me? 1700 euro's or about 1500 dollar. Insane! EDIT: 1850 EURO / 1670 pound!!

So it raised the question, did anybody had this kind of insane cost too once?

Greetings Joren

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G965F met Tapatalk

·
Registered
656 Posts
Car Battery to eliminate a potential fault after 5 years of use.
Didn't actually need it.

Apart from that I haven't changed a wiper or anything apart from oil, oil and air filter.

Ohh it's original tyres have been replaced once.

That is it. 6 years of cheap motoring.

·
Registered
416 Posts
My big spends thus far are due to my incompetence at hitting the curb on parallel park (reversing camera saves my rears, City brake saves my fronts, but nobody saves my front passenger side rims) and having to fix my rims and servicing (most expensive car I have to service thus far).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello,

So got call from the dealer today, i got some errors popping up about the steering assist. turns out the powersteering-rack module broke down and the whole steeringrack needs to be replaced, so what does this joke cost me? 1700 euro's or about 1500 dollar. Insane!

So it raised the question, did anybody had this kind of insane cost too once?

Greetings Joren

well, that is not a small sum, however that is not such a great one

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, that is not a small sum, however that is not such a great one
Well indeed biggest spend ever for 1 job on a car i had.

Same dealer replaced intake manifold 6 months ago, after Calling Dutch Volvo Headquarters myself to get the job done under full warranty, saved 800 dollars there.

Besides from this i did not have big spendings. Few dents fixed because occasion. 4 tires and few small things. I do the maintenance and rest of servive myself.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Easy, petrol and tyres, they are just so much fine to drive. I have T5 R Design luckily.
Grab one asap as they are a collectable keeper.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts