Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am totally fed up with bird fouling? next to my drive way there is a 3/4 year old Oak tree for which every type of bird settles downs on!:mad: well on Tuesday it rain so I did not put the cover over it so when I went to use yesterday Wednesday I found they had field day and it was on there since dawn & some it was dark brown in colour it has burned in to the paint work so I am "P'd"off:thumbdown: to say the least?

I have given the council ear ache over this as bird fouling is just as hazardous as dog fouling and contains acid hence it burn in to the paint work?:mad: and about trimming it?
my car is a Motability and that is why I am annoyed:mad:

·
Registered
196 Posts
I had a similar issue with birds in a tree.... Luckily the tree happened to be on my property, so £300 later, the tree is no more!

I hope you can get it sorted. Even if they put a net over it to stop the birds nesting that'll be a start.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a similar issue with birds in a tree.... Luckily the tree happened to be on my property, so £300 later, the tree is no more!

I hope you can get it sorted. Even if the put a net over it to stop the birds nesting that'll be a start.
As it is owned by the council its in their hands and they have they inspect them every 6 years and trim them one of the neighbours said its been over 10 + years?:exclamation: I cannot afford to have it done?:blush:

·
Registered
196 Posts
A bit of a sticky situation then. I've heard that copper nails driven in to the base of the trunk can effectively "off" the tree ;)

But I certainly wouldn't try that myself, especially as it's council property. Have you considered getting in touch with more of your neighbours and see if you can confront the council in force?

·
Registered
132 Posts
I automatically wash bird poop off the car as soon as I see it. My biggest problem is pine sap, it ruined the paint work of our lovely old A3 when some friends borrowed it and parked under some pine trees. It glues itself on really quickly in the heat over here. I am banned from parking under pine trees with the lovely v40, not always easy when I am out and about. But better than the dressing down I get from hubby who is chief car washer!
Would love to hear any good tips for removal.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A bit of a sticky situation then. I've heard that copper nails driven in to the base of the trunk can effectively "off" the tree ;)

But I certainly wouldn't try that myself, especially as it's council property. Have you considered getting in touch with more of your neighbours and see if you can confront the council in force?
Well all councils are a law on to themselves as they charge you for you to pickup the leafs at come in to your garden from their owned trees but when it comes to them keep these over grown trees its tough and cop a deaf ear? they are a joke and forget that they are employed by the tax payers? the colour of my V40 is Raw Copper and it show up on the bonnet! & roof?:mad::thumbdown::s

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.