Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I got my new V40 just last week, and I was surprised to notice issues with Bluetooth audio in some cases.

Whenever my phone is connected to both the media and phone options on the infotainment screen, the audio playing from to phone starts to interrupt/drop out for a second every minute or so. At the begining it is barely noticeable, but then gets quite annoying.:dodgy:

What’s interesting is that if I connect just to media and not to the phone option (i.e my calls remain on the phone), the audio is seamless without any interruptions.

To me it seems that by trying to complete the two services (phone and media) at the same time, the Bluetooth receiver of the car reaches its limits.
The other option is that the problem is in the software the 2 iPhones I tried with.

Has anyone experienced something similar? Is it worth going back to the dealership for that?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I?ve never had this issue, I actually highly rate the system. I even sometimes play music from one phone and have it connected to another phone for calls at the same time. It could possibly be that the Bluetooth in the car needs it?s S/W updated???

·
Registered
104 Posts
I've had this issue, happened on a Xperia Z5 I had then it had a software update and got better. I changed to a mid-range handset a little while ago and it started happening again, have switched back to my newer Z5 and its better.

I find that if my phone is doing a load of stuff i can happen.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I?ve never had this issue, I actually highly rate the system. I even sometimes play music from one phone and have it connected to another phone for calls at the same time. It could possibly be that the Bluetooth in the car needs it?s S/W updated???
Hi,

I have a new to me 2019 D3 V40 with the normal shenanigans. As I also have that BT audio problem I will check if the phone/media double connection might be the issue.
But my question is: how to find out if one needs a software update? Does the Volvo dealership do that during inspection? Finding out and doing the update?
I also saw, that the yearly inspections, except the first, have not been entered into the onboard service computer database.

·
Registered
2017 Volvo V40 Cross Country Geartronic
2 Posts
I have the same issue. Bluetooth audio cuts out randomly. I figured out that if you have internet access enabled via your phones Bluetooth connection, the music will cut out. My assumption is that when the navigation app downloads traffic information, it saturates the Bluetooth bandwidth, causing the music to drop out.

·
Super Moderator
669 Posts
TBH I never really bothered with the BT audio - I always connected my iPhone to the USB socket

The BT Audio is compressed and sounds muted, whereas connecting via USB sounds better and at the same time keeps your phone charged and allows data to better transmit.

Reactions: jimbo55

·
Registered
25 Posts
TBH I never really bothered with the BT audio - I always connected my iPhone to the USB socket

The BT Audio is compressed and sounds muted, whereas connecting via USB sounds better and at the same time keeps your phone charged and allows data to better transmit.
Especially if using a route finder (Google/Apple maps, waze etc) and music from the phone together, USB connection is by far the better audio connection/sound.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts