Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi team,

Hope we are all well?

I've had a curious issue with the Bluetooth in my MY14 D2 recently, where I can't hear people when they call me, and they can't hear me.

This has been a recent development and there's been no change to the car config-wise.

The car still pairs to my phone with no problems, I can listen to Spotify and the car interacts with the phone fine. The car still also takes voice commands and actions them (call contact, etc).

Its not a vital feature for me, but inconvenient not to have.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
105 Posts
If it's anything like the iPhone the pairing seems to remember some system level settings. Which is ok until the phone does a software upgrade and corrupts the pairing. The fix requires the deletion of any memory on both sides then a new fresh pairing.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it's anything like the iPhone the pairing seems to remember some system level settings. Which is ok until the phone does a software upgrade and corrupts the pairing. The fix requires the deletion of any memory on both sides then a new fresh pairing.
Thanks for the info - I'll give it a go and report back!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I gave this a try when I got home this evening.

I unpaired the phone from the menu in the car, then re-paired and the problem wasn't resolved.

The car is happy to phone people, but I still can't hear them and they can't hear me.

I also tried calling someone with my fiancée's phone, and we had the same problem.

I can still play music, see messages, view contacts and call history. It just seems the calling part that is the issue.

I will try again tomorrow, but this time restart both the car and phone between pairings, in case either cache's info about the other.

In the meantime, I welcome other suggestions :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Morning,

Can confirm all the settings are enabled, as per the below image :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
With iPhone SE I had an issue: if after smartphone software update car search for phone - nothing refresh: no contacts, no messages, sometimes you pick up call, but no voice from both sides. And if you pair from smartphone to car - everything work fine. As I remember, there was no such an issue with android based phones. But maybe you can check if bluetooth search from phone for a car solve it. I can't remember 100%, maybe we just paired new phones to car, to avoid this issue...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts