Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I'm hoping someone can shed some light.

I have tried looking through the instruction manual, and menus in the car, and online, but I can't find how to disable Bluetooth and switch it off. It's been a bit more straightforward and obvious in other cars, but I can't find how to do it. The model is a V40 SE Lux, UK specification.

Many thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi Jay dee,
Go to phone menu>remove devices.
If you remove all devices, the car will not turn on Bluetooth to search for phones (AFAIK happy to be corrected). If you have a device on the list, the car will search for it on start up, then will turn off Bluetooth if no device is found. Notice in the phone settings menu there is a discoverable option. This confirms that Bluetooth is turned off if no device is paired. That option is used to turn on Bluetooth when needed.
Hope this helped.
Regards
Andrew

·
Registered
139 Posts
Why you want to switch of???
U can do it from your phone...
I dont understand the reason...
Hey Max ,
Hope you are enjoying your great new car. I think some people don't like having Bluetooth radiation around unnecessarily.
Ciao amico

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
really didnt think about it...u def right :blush::thumbup::thumbup:
Wow, just be careful not to eat some green apples, they off radiation, bwhahahahaha :p

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello! I'm hoping someone can shed some light.

I have tried looking through the instruction manual, and menus in the car, and online, but I can't find how to disable Bluetooth and switch it off. It's been a bit more straightforward and obvious in other cars, but I can't find how to do it. The model is a V40 SE Lux, UK specification.

Many thanks for any advice!
Hi
I wonder if you managed to get to the bottom of this problem.
Is it possible to disable bluetooth completely so it does not radiate? Did you take meter readings?
Regards

1 - 7 of 7 Posts