Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Having a problem with the bonnet sensor showing as open on my dash, when it is firmly shut, so when I lock the car the indicators don't flash. Any ideas greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
199 Posts
most likely the switch is faulty, I gave mine a good spray of WD40 and it seemed to cure the issue.

Reactions: Skiz

·
Registered
628 Posts
I've had this happen to me once.

Didn't matter what I did to try and fix it, I couldn't...

Next day it was fine and has been ever since.
I think something gets confused in the system, and the car being off for a few hours resets it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My other car is a V60, and with the V60 coming onto the market 2 years earlier, a load of the same issues (like door locks) became apparent a bit earlier on those forums. Most early V60s seem to have this intermittent problem to some extent.

Top tips:
  1. ignore it - it's usually gone by the next morning
  2. if that doesn't work, wiggle the latch with a key or something then slam it firmly.
  3. if that doesn't work, a good squirt of WD40 or better still electrical contact cleaner and a few slams.
  4. final fix - get a mechanic to bypass the switch.
I've progressively gone through 1,2,3 and now 4!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
Same problem, after a week it is solved itself. I brought to Volvo Service anyway, they checked and approved problem with bonnet switch. It costs 52 (switch) + 140 (service) Total 192£. I said leave it and it is not working again. Any suggestions guys?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hi
Same problem, after a week it is solved itself. I brought to Volvo Service anyway, they checked and approved problem with bonnet switch. It costs 52 (switch) + 140 (service) Total 192£. I said leave it and it is not working again. Any suggestions guys?
Turn the alarm off, or the faulty sensor can trigger the alarm and flatten the battery
Mine does it sporadically leaving the car overnight has fixed it in the past

1 - 8 of 8 Posts