Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been coming on for the last week or so but the car is a good 10k km away from its next scheduled service. Anyone had these random ones pop up? happens when i start and stop the car

·
Registered
942 Posts
Heya mzezman :wink2:
She hasn't hit the service interval based on elapsed time by any chance??
Just a thought...

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just a thought...
Nope - it really is bizarre. The last service was in June and since then i've done 10000km, so distance wise i am a good 10k away and time-wise 9 months?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Just a thought...
I suspect that's right. I no longer do vast kilometrages (typically 10,000 Km per year), so I have an annual service, at the end of September, which is the anniversary of the car's acquisition (also coincides nicely with the winter wheels/tyres change). I've had the service warning for a couple of weeks now. When it first happened last year, I asked the dealer whether anything was wrong. No, he said, just bring it in at the usual time.

Oops, sorry, the post above wasn't there when I wrote this! Sounds like something worth investigating.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Nope - it really is bizarre. The last service was in June and since then i've done 10000km, so distance wise i am a good 10k away and time-wise 9 months?
When was the car serviced last before June, and did you get the message before the service in June as well?

The service timer is started when the car is PDI's at the dealer before it's handed over to it's first owner. It then raises the 'Book time for service' messageabout a month before the service is due, or on high annual mileage cars it raises it based on the mileage.

It could be that the service indicator was not reset in June. Was it serviced at a Volvo dealer?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When was the car serviced last before June, and did you get the message before the service in June as well?

The service timer is started when the car is PDI's at the dealer before it's handed over to it's first owner. It then raises the 'Book time for service' messageabout a month before the service is due, or on high annual mileage cars it raises it based on the mileage.

It could be that the service indicator was not reset in June. Was it serviced at a Volvo dealer?
Yes got it serviced at C<H Cape Town which is currently the only Volvo outlet in Cape town CBD (the other one is Rola in Heidelberg 50km away). You do raise a very valid point about the first owner PDI - it was a dealer demo when i bought it so maybe that's the *start* date it uses? After the June service the timers both (correctly) stated 20 000km or 1year to the next service. Will check again on my way home what they say now.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Mine has started doing the same.

Intermittent, one minute the service interval says 0 miles to service, 0 months to service and to book.

The next minute it says the expected 8 months to service, 8250m to service.

Very annoying.. Glad it is not just me.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Try this..

1-Press Start / Stop 1 only time to bring the key to position I;
2-Scroll on T2 with left light switch wheel;
3-Hold the OK button left light switch;
4-Keeping always the OK button left light switch, press the Start / Stop button and turn the key to position II;
5-Release the ok button at the third flash of the light (info) you will hear an acoustic signal if the procedure has been carried out correctly;
6-Turn off the ignition by pressing the Start / Stop button.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Try this..

1-Press Start / Stop 1 only time to bring the key to position I;
2-Scroll on T2 with left light switch wheel;
3-Hold the OK button left light switch;
4-Keeping always the OK button left light switch, press the Start / Stop button and turn the key to position II;
5-Release the ok button at the third flash of the light (info) you will hear an acoustic signal if the procedure has been carried out correctly;
6-Turn off the ignition by pressing the Start / Stop button.
BRILLIANT. It Worked. Used T1 on scroll, but all is well now.
Many Thanks haralabosg.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts