Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry... I realise this has been a topic on several occasions... but I wondered...

I have a T3 with a spare wheel, and hence I get the spare wheel cover/moulding that sits between the spare wheel and the raised boot floor. While this moulded piece looks quite neat, it does waste quite a lot of space if you're going for maximum capacity.

Obviously you could just remove this moulding to make use of all available space but that's a bit of mess. Has anyone come up with any solutions to this? I almost feel like Volvo should offer another version of the spare wheel cover that's completely flat, other than the bit where the spare wheel is of course...

I may have to have a go at making something myself; just a bit worried how ghetto that may end up.

·
Registered
17 Posts
[QUOTE = "jwilco, publicación: 305646, miembro: 56744"]
Lo siento ... Me doy cuenta de que este ha sido un tema en varias ocasiones ... pero me preguntaba ...

Tengo un T3 con una rueda de repuesto y, por lo tanto, obtengo la cubierta / moldura de la rueda de repuesto que se encuentra entre la rueda de repuesto y el piso del maletero elevado. Si bien esta pieza moldeada se ve bastante ordenada, desperdicia mucho espacio si busca la capacidad máxima.

Obviamente, podría eliminar esta moldura para aprovechar todo el espacio disponible, pero eso es un poco desordenado. ¿Alguien ha encontrado alguna solución a esto? Casi siento que Volvo debería ofrecer otra versión de la cubierta de la rueda de repuesto que sea completamente plana, aparte de la broca donde está la rueda de repuesto, por supuesto ...

Puede que tenga que intentar hacer algo yo mismo; solo un poco preocupado de cómo puede terminar ese gueto.
[/CITAR]

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe I didn't explain that very well but I'm not trying to make it completely flat - I understand that isn't possible because the spare wheel protrudes into the area. I just feel the included spare wheel cover wastes quite a lot of space in its design.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Bien, consideraría poner un kit antipinchazos. No he tenido ese problema ya que en mi D3 de marzo de 2016 ya viene con un piso de baja carga donde tengo una rueda de repuesto para ahorrar espacio en el nivel restante, también tengo un piso de carga de dos niveles

Attachments

·
Registered
352 Posts
Maybe I didn't explain that very well but I'm not trying to make it completely flat - I understand that isn't possible because the spare wheel protrudes into the area. I just feel the included spare wheel cover wastes quite a lot of space in its design.
Not sure you will get much more space, but here goes.
Trace around the existing part on to some 6mm ply wood - could possibly add 10mm at r & l side for a perfect fit.
Find the position on the ply of the centre point of the spare wheel.
Draw the circle approx 50mm larger than the spare wheel size.
As viewed from the boot opening, draw a straight line (chord) approx 50mm from the near edge of the ply.
Cut out the inner shape, then re cut the middle piece 20mm smaller, so that when it is placed inside the new floor piece there is a gap of 20mm all the way round.
As the wheel protrudes up about 75mm at the rear seat back area, tapering down level with the flat on the cut out, you could glue some fabric under the new floor, and then over the central piece allowing for the tapered slope of the wheel.
Blue Peter badge if you manage to succeed. 50 -50 on the patent :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Trace around the existing part on to some 6mm ply wood - could possibly add 10mm at r & l side for a perfect fit.
As viewed from the boot opening, draw a straight line (chord) approx 50mm from the near edge of the ply.
Cut out the inner shape, then re cut the middle piece 20mm smaller, so that when it is placed inside the new floor piece there is a gap of 20mm all the way round.
As the wheel protrudes up about 75mm at the rear seat back area, tapering down level with the flat on the cut out, you could glue some fabric under the new floor, and then over the central piece allowing for the tapered slope of the wheel.
Lol I just shove my empty Tesco bags over and around the spare wheel !

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I love it - that's going full MacGyver...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts