Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although I have already ordered my V40, I am still concerned about the boot size...
comparing it to merc A180 it seemed bigger. But the official numbers say that merc is bigger in volume than the V40.
Does it have to do with dual boot floor or something?
I cannot admit v40 is smaller!!!

·
Registered
718 Posts
I have just checked the two brochures. The Volvo V40 is specific. Dims are 684 deep X 960 wide X 532 high. The A180 brochure is far less detailed. I think the dims are 707 deep X 1030 wide X 464 high. They give a volume of 341 litres seats up. I cannot find a voume for the V40. Having said that I find the boot more than adequate most of the time.

Reactions: Rixardos

·
Registered
132 Posts
The boot is plenty big enough, it takes my 2 average sized dogs easily. On a journey back from the uk it fitted a years worth of shopping(those things you can't do without) and I had previously been filling an xc70 boot and didn't buy any less. It's all to do with how you pack it!

·
Registered
591 Posts
The Civic boot seemed cavernous by comparison.

It is not a massive boot, or big aperture but I suppose it is a reflection of driving the worlds safest car, in that there has to be some meat around the extremities.

Was behind an S30 (think that right) yesterday and boot lid is size of a postage stamp, so relatively, it's a massive step up from it's predecessor.

Reactions: Rixardos

·
Registered
62 Posts
Strange, when I was considering a new car I considered the A Class but the boot looked very small to me. Maybe it is because it is very shallow. Either way, I needed something that could take a pushchair on its side, the Merc boot was not deep enough. SO although the overall volume may be bigger, it is a less efficient shape (at least for my needs). If I had to lie the pushchair flat, it would fill the Merc boot floor, meaning other things would need to be placed on top or around the gaps. Not ideal for packing the boot.

·
Registered
398 Posts
The A-Class boot is wider (it could fit three of my shopping crates side-by-side, the V40's couldn't). Of course, the A-Class not only has no spare wheel, but also no provision for one, whereas the V40 double floor can be a second luggage compartment or can take a space-saver spare (I chose the latter).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi all, just a quick one on the boot topic; has anyone tried to fit a wheelchair into the boot? I booked a V40 cross country and its due to arrive 3rd week of Nov.
My mum is wheelchair bound and I take her out to the doctors etc, currently there's ample space in my 2010 Kia Sorento, curious if it can fit the same wheelchair (without dropping the rear seats) and if any current owners have similar experience loading wheelchairs into their V40. Thank you all, excellent forum.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Yes, I can get me wife's wheel chair in only if I remove the large back wheels and the front foot rests, and the push handles do fold in half, that way I can lay it flat, but it really does depend on what type of wheel chair you have?

·
Registered
17 Posts
thank you for your reply CompanyCarDriver, I have a better picture now. My mum's wheelchair has smaller wheels (the kind that the user cannot wheel on their own) and yes folding push handles.. I will try removing the boot privacy partition and give it a shot when the cross country arrives. Thank you very much and enjoy your excellent V40, eagerly looking forward to mine

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.