Volvo V40 Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hi Daniel,

I have te same issue with my car, V40, D2 - 2013.

They have replaced the alternator. With that, I drove without disruption for about 2 weeks. Unfortunately, the same problem occurs again.

Have you found a solution by now?
Hi Jeroense,
Unfortunately no solution yet, the problem is so intermittent I am hesitant to get it fixed as a matter of urgency unless it impacts the braking system, handling etc of the car. My thoughts had been pointing towards the alternator so interesting to hear that this has not solved the issue for you.

I had been told about checking earthing points (I have checked these and can see no visible issue there in terms of their connection), I also took the CEM out and cleaned it and the connectors using contact spray, but again this has not solved the issue for me.

Having heard that the alternator change did not cure the issue for you, I guess the next point of checking would be the condition of the battery if there are any dead cells etc in it.

Thanks
Daniel

·
Registered
3 Posts
Picked up the car at the dealer today. They coud'nt find anything, car drives for as yet again trouble-free... But I have lost trust.

I have taken the car directly from the dealer to my own garage and they will extensively test the battery tomorrow. Hope something comes out of this.

I'll keep you informed

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Jeroense,
Unfortunately no solution yet, the problem is so intermittent I am hesitant to get it fixed as a matter of urgency unless it impacts the braking system, handling etc of the car. My thoughts had been pointing towards the alternator so interesting to hear that this has not solved the issue for you.

I had been told about checking earthing points (I have checked these and can see no visible issue there in terms of their connection), I also took the CEM out and cleaned it and the connectors using contact spray, but again this has not solved the issue for me.

Having heard that the alternator change did not cure the issue for you, I guess the next point of checking would be the condition of the battery if there are any dead cells etc in it.

Thanks
Daniel
Hi Daniel,

The battery was indeed broken. This has been replaced today. The garage does not exclude that it can be a combination of the alternator and battery...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hi Daniel,

The battery was indeed broken. This has been replaced today. The garage does not exclude that it can be a combination of the alternator and battery...

Hi Jeroense,
Sorry to revisit this but just wondering if since having Battery replaced you have seen the issue appear?

Hopefully this has cured the issue for you!!

Thanks
Daniel

21 - 24 of 24 Posts