Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all iv got a bit of a weird problem. On my offside rear alloy it seems to be constantly covered in rusty coloured brake dust, the caliper and inside of the wheel are constantly rusty coloured whereas the other alloys are just dark normal brake dust. Iv had the wheels off painted calipers etc and looked to see if there was any other parts that were causing this but no! It looks horrendous compared to the other wheels and I'm constantly having to clean it more than the others. It's not just when the disc has got a layer of rust on it after getting wet and sitting for a while. I could understand that if it was all 4 wheels that did it but just the one!, any help or ideas?

·
Registered
454 Posts
If you were the park your car the other way (eg...if it's facing out, park it facing in), would the same wheel be rusty? Reason I asked is, on a former car (Seat Ibiza), only the rear right discs could get extra rusty, when parking facing in, however, when I parked it facing out, the front left disc got 'extra' rusty of a period of a week (weekend car). The other side wheels were 'somewhat' shielded from the elements, only that front left corner of the parking bay was exposed to the elements.

·
Registered
57 Posts
It appears you do not have a matched pair of brake pads on each wheel.
Get your pads changed immediately as the braking will not be the same on both wheels, read dangerous.
Also change mechanics for fitting mis matched brake pads. They were probably second hand as well

1 - 4 of 4 Posts