Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
Has anyone had any experience with BSR Flash tuning?
https://en.bsr.se/tuning-kits/t/3167/volvo-v40-ii-d4-190hp-2015-2018-d-4204-t14

I was doing a bit of Google fu and came across this tuning box and just wondered if anyone has used this, I’ve heard some horror stories about other companies and wondered if this is a viable option.
I’d love to have it dyno tuned but after speaking to my Volvo dealership they advised me that when they do the service/software update it can wipe any tuning that’s been done, so the option to re-flash it myself is appealing.

I was surprised when they were fine with servicing a tuned car and still offer the free breakdown cover when having it serviced by them.
Many thanks in advance
Dave

·
Registered
10 Posts
Have been looking at different remap companies and BSR package seemed like a good choice, I decided to contact them as there seemed to be a contradiction in info on the webpage with regarding decoding the ecu prior to ppc3 remap. I was told that BSR Sweden have stopped supporting and updating the UK webpage. I was also told the the ecu would have to be removed and sent to sweden to get decoded! Prior to the ppc3 upload. Not a very practical option unless you have a spare car to use while waiting for it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts