Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all so i have a volvo v40 2012 D2 and I have some buzzing noise in the center of the dashboard, even on open road with no bumps or anything it keeps buzzing, any idea what could it be? Should i take the dashboard out or just the radio to check if any lose screws? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hi all so i have a volvo v40 2012 D2 and I have some buzzing noise in the center of the dashboard, even on open road with no bumps or anything it keeps buzzing, any idea what could it be? Should i take the dashboard out or just the radio to check if any lose screws? Thanks in advance
This may not help but the buzzing noise that I had was from the ceiling panel between the sun visors.

·
Registered
473 Posts
My C30 had a really annoying buzz from the centre console that turned out to be a headlining clip that wasn't seated properly

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My C30 had a really annoying buzz from the centre console that turned out to be a headlining clip that wasn't seated properly
I will check but how on earth would that be? the headlight is outside and the noise is inside

·
Registered
156 Posts
Think you may have misread Tony 1 reply,he is referring to the roof lining on the inside of the car,I believe.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I will check but how on earth would that be? the headlight is outside and the noise is inside
Headlining - not headlight!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I guess it could be from the ceiling - front Central part. If you hold it/press against it while driving then it should disappear for a while.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the same thing! Pressing on the dashboard just above the left vent (the silver trim) makes it stop. Mine is a D2 as well, I think it's the engine vibration that sets it off. I actually had a bit of paper jammed in there that solved the rattling, but of course it looks terrible.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same problem. Been to Volvo twice. Stripped out the dash both time but the noise persists.

There is a technical bulletin for it. If you search dash rattle you'll see loads of complaints. I think I've posted the exact bulletin code before.

Volvo claims it's a bolt or something.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts