Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Im a c30 user from Thailand. Been driving her (orange flame, not r design, 18" midir) for 3 years now. Think its cool and unique, esp. in Thailand.

Been looking at Mercedes A250 as it has just been launched for some time in Thailand but the price is too expensive. But just only the new V40 has just been launched at motor show this March, with only 1 engine available in Thailand: T5 213 Hp and lots of excellent technology (however no pedestrian airbag, adaptive cruise control, and panoramic roof in Thailand), although the size the the same as C30, i really really want to own one.

C30 that I'm driving has 2.0 benzene engine (minor change), T5 isnt available in Thailand. So i might be trading my C30 for a new V40 in a year or 2.

With C30's uniqueness and rare quantity, this makes it a bit like i want to have my cake and eat it too.

So i want to hear your thoughts, as V40 owners whether it worths trading C30 for a new V40. Now i have lots of passion for a v40 though.

Thanks so much for your opinion.

Dahipinblue

·
Registered
196 Posts
That's what we'll be doing at some point, trading in our C30 for the V40. It's just the next step really.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I do not know the C30 can, however, recommend the V40. I had noticed the C30 as a rental car, about 2 weeks ago and I feel that the C30 had a much lighter steering than the V40. If a test drive is possible, you should make one.

Would you, in the meantime a few photos to share of your C30. Imagine the cool C30 ... in Thailand. :)

Best regards from cold Germany.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
NicoNic said:
I do not know the C30 can, however, recommend the V40. I had noticed the C30 as a rental car, about 2 weeks ago and I feel that the C30 had a much lighter steering than the V40. If a test drive is possible, you should make one.

Would you, in the meantime a few photos to share of your C30. Imagine the cool C30 ... in Thailand. :)

Best regards from cold Germany.
Hi Niconic,
In Thailand the C30 (minor change one, not sure about former model) was imported from Belgium so it was a CBU Car. The price was the same as Mercedes c class and BMW 3 series. My C30 costed €57500 so i guess its nowhere near a rental car here in Thailand. Car taxes are very high here.:-/

For new V40, the assembly line will be in Malaysia so the price will be from €44,750-46,250. There has been no test driving in Thailand until the first order arrives around September this year and yes i will test driving it for sure.:)

So you mean the steering of V40 is heavier? Any other differences? Thanks!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Also a former C30 driver here..

Can recommend going for the V40 especially with sport suspension and 18" Midir great drive just like or even better then my former C30 R-Design..
Much more luxurious and a great drive.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Well you feel of course more of the road conditions like speed bumps and hole in the road..

But overall still comfortable for long journey's and fun on the curvy roads.
Best thing is to test drive both if possible.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MichelR said:
Also a former C30 driver here..

Can recommend going for the V40 especially with sport suspension and 18" Midir great drive just like or even better then my former C30 R-Design..
Much more luxurious and a great drive.
Thank you so much.
Not sure if my C30 comes with sports suspension but i can clearly feel holes, bumper, and rough roads (it's kinda like sports chasis), my C30 is with 18" Midir too! :)

Comparing the C30 and V40, which one is better in terms of driving performance and when driving curvy roads and corners? For entertainment sound system I think they are the same?

·
Registered
214 Posts
When I got my V40 I went away with it to the Black Forrest in Germany.
And drove around there for 1 week nice curvy roads, mountains and hair pins..

V40 drove great even a bit more sporty then my former C30.
C30 was a petrol 1.6 and now I have a diesel 1.6 (d2) but with turbo.
Diesel got lots of torque of course even de D2..
You only can choose the T5 :) well that's even better.. Will be lots of fun for sure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MichelR said:
When I got my V40 I went away with it to the Black Forrest in Germany.
And drove around there for 1 week nice curvy roads, mountains and hair pins..

V40 drove great even a bit more sporty then my former C30.
C30 was a petrol 1.6 and now I have a diesel 1.6 (d2) but with turbo.
Diesel got lots of torque of course even de D2..
You only can choose the T5 :) well that's even better.. Will be lots of fun for sure.
Thank you! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts