Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking forward to my R design having blue themed modes as with the my13, but instead has red for performance and green for eco (and blue for elegance). The dealer told me that volvo wanted to reserve the blue for forthcoming Polestar versions and so made the changes for my14 r designs

Does anyone know whether the screen can be reprogrammed to the blue background found in the my13 r design? I assume it's physically the same dash, just different programs.

Also on the question of programming, are there any other reputable chip tuners whose product is available in Australia? Rica isn't available here, and my email to their head office hasnt been replied to. I have a T5. Thx

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Quick update. Just heard back from Rica. They require the chip y to be sent to them fir coding before i can user the isoftloader and their tune. That won't work. ... Happy to hear from any other options

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi
I also have a T5 and apparently they are doing Polestar software for the T5. Only problem its taking forever.. I am also looking to find a solution!!!!

Michel
South Africa

·
Registered
945 Posts
I have my TFT set to contrast so don't see the colour but as I always use elegance it would not matter to me ;0)

Whilst it probably could be reprogrammed I doubt a dealer would know how to

Out of interest why have you changed so soon, was it that you have moved up to a T5 from a lower model?

And don't knock the my14 update as I understand it now has dimming door mirrors and a heated steering wheel as an option (the latter is probably not high on you list in oz) lol

·
Registered
221 Posts
And don't knock the my14 update as I understand it now has dimming door mirrors and a heated steering wheel as an option (the latter is probably not high on you list in oz) lol
Heated steering is available on the S/V60, but not yet on the V40 :(

·
Registered
108 Posts
As for the tuning you could see if MTE tune can help you.
www.mtetune.com
They have the tunings made by MTE in Sweden and are based in Singapore.

Not around the corner but still the closed for you ;) and it could just as we'll be that they have an occasional visit there....

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@ Michel:
That might also explain the dash colours going away from blue for MY2014. Maybe the best thing would be to wait for the Polestar upgrade (since it's already available for T3 etc), that way also get the benefit of warranty etc. In the meantime, I have ordered a K&N airfilter (had one in my C30 T5 and C70 T5 before that, and had no issues with them).

@ Patrick
I looked at MTE also, but can't find any Australian operators.

@Denn1s:
I have come most recently from a C30 T5, which was chip-tuned, and although the V40 has some "go", it loses out in weight and feels a little slower. In terms of the colour, I really liked the blue when I saw it, and the red just doesn't appeal. Instead, I've been using the Elegance theme (which is blue). As for dimmed door mirrors, I must say I haven't noticed, but will look out for it. And the heated steering wheel, you're right. Our "winter" has had a new record of consecutive days over 20 degrees Celsius. In fact, I'm now looking at getting the windows tinted (didn't want pay $AUD850 for Volvo (or the dealer?) to do it).

Enjoying the car the more time I spend in it. Always looking for an excuse to go for a drive!

·
Registered
945 Posts
Sorry I read that you had a My13 car and swapped it for a new one, my mistake doh!!

I love the C30 T5, it had nice hints of the old cheese wedge coupe volvos of old with the black boot etc.

I looked at a Rdesign one when I got our lasses ST (XR5 down under I believe) but could not justify the extra costs over the ST for essentially the same car especially when the ST is easier to tune with loads of off the shelf bits.

If only Polestar would pull their finger out and bring out some maps for the 5 pots

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
In a poor attempt to do something, I've now received the K&N filter which I hope gives it a bit more induction growl. Apparently, it's the same filter from C30 and C70 T5.Perhaps it's only a placebo effect, but if I "think" it makes it a little more louder or responsive, then it's gotta be worth it, right?

·
Registered
196 Posts
After seeing how badly anything but paper filters actually filter, I am not sure I'd ever be putting one on any of my cars again - performance gains are also minimal at best, nothing at all for the worst :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts