Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my V40 for 2 1/2 years now , and the last 2 years insured it through Volvo Car Insurance. The first year the price was competitive, the second a bit more , but decided to stay with them.
This year they wanted £342. I have a D4 R Design Lux Nav 2015 model. Insured is self and wife, driving about 7k miles per year. Now insured with Direct Line £ 208 for the same cover.

·
Registered
601 Posts
All insurance companies, home/car raise it up if you allow it to autorenew, or stay.

Always switch and save, preferably via a cashback site.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ive been with volvo insurance for over 20 years having had 8 Volvos
Just got a quote of 997 from about 600 last year and thats with a reduction in cover for personal injury etc.
Got a better quote from Chris Knott who are recommended by Volvo owners club

·
Registered
22 Posts
Car insurance

Yeah I was insured with Volvo insurance when I bought my car 2016 v40 R-design lux navy D4 cos they were cheaper than other quotes then got quotes for 2nd yr they was more expensive so went with privilege this yr I was going to change got cheaper price but when it came to buy said quote ref not recognised so I phoned company&it was higher than quote asked why was told that I have 2 claims for October 2015 I only know of 1 :huh:yes was my fault reversed into car park bollard when I went to buy the Volvo (dealer still took car) they said to phone experian had to create a account before they'd talk to me what followed was a wasted afternoon of phone calls and being passed around department's &put on hold eventually they didn't know what I was talking about nothing was showing up on my account :huh::huh: So cos I can't find out renewed with privilege other was about £50cheaper then price went up
SO DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO GET TO SEE MY CLAIMS HISTORY ?MID?(can't remember which company I was with back then same reg cos it's a private reg different car)

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'd email (and send the same letter by registered post) your insurance company and tell THEM to put it right. You didn't change your claim history they did.

Point out that they have a legal obligation under the DPA and GDPR to ensure that ALL information they hold about you is accurate and up to date.

Give them 28 days to comply with your request, and if they don't report them to the FCA and the ICO.

·
Registered
741 Posts
£178 with Quote Me Happy, protected no claims & fully comp for 3 drivers on my 2016 Lux Nav R.Design T3, even included the optional extras/upgrades that I added from the standard Lux Nav.
The 3rd driver is my son who at the time of adding him to the policy was under 25.
Been with them 4 years and any increase over the years has been very minimal, probably less than a tenner .

The crazy thing is that Quote Me Happy are actually Aviva, yet if I get a quote direct from Aviva its double the amount ?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Wow you guys get such resonably priced insurance quotes (or do you guys have many more years no claims?), I live in East London, got a quote or a new Volvo V40 T3 (insurance group 23) that I do not yet own yet, mid 30s, 4 years no claims, got licence 10yrs ago, car is parked in secure residence parking, social only, 8k a year...£530 and that's after 20% off for continuing Aviva insurance customer.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm currently with the RAC, 2017 D4 R-design Pro, insured fully comprehensive for Social, Domestic, Pleasure and Business use, 30,000 miles a year, me and my wife as named drivers. My cash price was £360, but I pay it monthly so it's more over the year.

I was with Tesco insurance for many years, they were the most competitive with my last three cars (2008 FIAT Bravo 1.4 T-Jet 150, 2006 Ford Focus 1.8TDCi Ghia, 2011 Kia Rio 1.1CRDi '2'), but switching to the Volvo almost doubled my price!

I shop around every year regardless. I had been finding that even a renewal with Tesco was cheaper than I was quoted elsewhere, but it still pays to check anyway. With the help of the meerkats, it only takes a few minutes to check.

Sent using Tapatalk

·
Registered
602 Posts
I've just had an "interesting" chat with my insurers, who I switched to a year ago. Basically the renewal premium is up almost 25%. :surprise:

When I asked for an explanation the agent said all Volvos were getting really expensive due to each recent claim being much higher than previously.
I disputed this as, given the Volvo safety credentials, the personal injury/death elements (which are by far the most expensive) should be much lower with Volvos. His response was that they caused a lot of damage to others! :huh:
Damage to the vehicles is usually limited to the write-off/market values and insurers are very good at keeping those down. >:)

Eventually he realised that some discounts, which should have been applied automagically, had been omitted.
Nonetheless the premium now on offer has still gone up about 10% from last year, and this is AFTER factoring in the (relatively small) extra for the Polestar tuning. They do actually give you the "last year after adjustment" figure as a comparison and it is accurate.

Obviously I'll be off to the comparison sites again in the next few days.

So is a 10% increase, given no other changes in risks, what others are seeing?

·
Registered
602 Posts
First investigations show that I'm still somewhat below the best the comparison sites can offer, so maybe this is just unwinding what was a very good introductory discount last year?

·
Registered
601 Posts
I switch every year and always get a lower premium.

Currently on around £190 after cashback for a years premium.

Can't complain, especially with £0 tax as well and a paid for car.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Currently on around £190
Still below that for the basic premium, which ain't bad really for a nearly fully-loaded T5 with Polestar.

On top of that I pay for NCD protection, legal cover and personal breakdown cover (which covers any vehicle we're in).

·
Registered
68 Posts
Mods? That guy is posting links everywhere. Smells as fishy as mails ending up in my junk mail folder.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
256 Posts
Ironically, when it comes time to renew mine at Aviva, their renewal quote is better than any other that I have shoped around on various comparison websites. Some were quoting £3-400 more, and when they called me to ask my renewal quote, they just didn't bother to match, and said, 'yea we can't match that'

·
Registered
602 Posts
Ironically, when it comes time to renew mine at Aviva, their renewal quote is better than any other
My (non-Aviva) renewal went up massively this year so I did some serious shopping around. Aviva Plus was the best for me, not only on price but also the combination of features, My old insurer couldn't get anywhere near!
Only problem seems to be that their IT/admin are appalling, apparently the issues I'm (still) having are shared by many other customers, but I get the impression they're not that bothered as customer communication is non-existent.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts