Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

After installing tv-free in my V40, also got a good deal on a wireless smartphone/tablet screen mirroring device and got it installed. Didn't want any wires cables inside the car so got the wireless system, I don't know if it will be too much of a use but at least I can watch online tv when stuck in traffic.
Got 2 switches installed; one for android and one for ios. Placed the buttons right in the gap behind the dash underneath that rubber cap. If the network is fast there are no problems at all with the screen mirroring. The sound is transferred via the regular bluetooth system.

Here are some photos:

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
That is pretty cool, can you control the phone via the Volvo screen?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Can you pls share What's the damage and the brand for it? Thanks...

·
Registered
273 Posts
@MerTango...thanks for sharing as this is a very cool piece of kit, does this bypass any safety devices and able to duplicate (via Bluetooth) your smartphone on the move...making Sensus look non Sense, though I'm sure Sensus has some tricks up it's sleave!? Nice trick, cheers

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can you pls share What's the damage and the brand for it? Thanks...
Sorry guys, somehow I did not get any notifications for the posts you've made.

The website for this is http://carphone.cc/

I believe they ship almost anywhere, just need a smart tech to connect it.

The damage for me was 175 pounds. The tech told me that he was giving it to me really cheap since he did the tv-free etc.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@MerTango...thanks for sharing as this is a very cool piece of kit, does this bypass any safety devices and able to duplicate (via Bluetooth) your smartphone on the move...making Sensus look non Sense, though I'm sure Sensus has some tricks up it's sleave!? Nice trick, cheers
I watched them install it along with the tv-free unit, they both seem to take some space right above the large glove box where the manuals are. I was wondering how they would fit these there but there seems to be a lot of space there. The tv free is the unit that bypasses the safety so the smartphone kit has no need to bypass anything. Bluetooth has to be connected before you start the kit. Only downside is the cars screen being no where as good as the galaxy S4's screen, the resolution is much lower of course, but good enough to watch tv etc.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
It's the same as the few other 3rd-party Video-In/Camera interfaces. It connects tto the video input of the 7" screen. The common problem with all these interfaces is that when it switches the screen to use it's inputs, you lose all the information that is at the bottom of the Sensus display - the clock, fan and AC settings etc. On the OEM Volvo system the ICM screen module can overlay the system graphics onto whichever input it is displaying.

Similarly when used in the parking camera mode, the OEM Volvo system uses the wheel angle input from the power steering system to adjust the guide lines. I don't think the third-party systems can do that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.