Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I found this site looking for a CarPlay solution. There was never really a definitive answer, but the post was made 2 years ago. Did anyone find a way to retrofit carplay to the v40? Mines a 2014 model. Thanks 馃槉

Registered
from what I remember, not without ripping out the factory fit infotainment system and replacing it with an aftermarket solution. I think it is a requirement of both carplay and android auto that your car be fitted with a touch screen.

Registered
There are cars (such as the Audi A4) that have no touchscreen but Android auto and Apple carplay. But of course the functionality has to be added to the infotainment system by the manufacturer and the V40's system never had it.

As posted above, your only option would be to look for an aftermarket head unit which has it. Much easier to buy a decent phone mount 馃榿

Registered
As posted above, your only option would be to look for an aftermarket head unit which has it. Much easier to buy a decent phone mount
Actually not anymore! There have lately(about 2 months ago) started coming out CarPlay retrofit kit's which integrate with the factory OEM screen for Volvos(including V40).
So hop on aliexpress and you will find a few now :)

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Actually not anymore! There have lately(about 2 months ago) started coming out CarPlay retrofit kit's which integrate with the factory OEM screen for Volvos(including V40).
So hop on aliexpress and you will find a few now :)
That's amazing! Could you post an example link so I can see what to look for?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts