Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I tested my CD/DVD player for the first time it wouldn’t accept any discs. I tried to insert several different CDs but as soon as there was about 1 cm left of the disc outside the system just ejected them. Then I forced one CD in but the system couldn’t read it. When pressing the eject button there was a strange mechanical sound and the disc wouldn’t eject.

I went to my dealer today and they confirmed there was a mechanical problem with the player and it will be replaced in a few weeks’ time. A bit surprising it wasn't tested before delivery. Hopefully this will be my only share of teething problems.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Not the type of thing you want to experience with your new car. Good thing there's loads of other things to enjoy. I would expect they do have a solid quality control process at the plants, but every once and a while something slips through.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My car has been at my dealer for two days. They have installed a new DVD/CD/radio-system but can’t get it to work. They are a bit reluctant to explain what the problem is but it seems to be some kind of a software problem. I understood that the entertainment system isn’t working at all in my car at the moment. They’ve contacted Volvo in Sweden and they’ll try to solve the problem again tomorrow if they get new instructions from the factory. I’ve got a C30 courtesy car but I really hope they can find a solution soon.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Sorry to hear that, sounds like they have made it worse. it's very disappointing, hope of gets sorted soon for you and hasn't spoilt the experience.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The problem was solved and I got my car back today. My dealer was very apologetic for it taking so long. It had taken them another four hours of work today to get it fixed. I guess this experience just shows how much I like my car as I was a nervous wreck for having to drive a C30 for three days :).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
PeteS
Volvo V40 Forums
If you've ever wondered what modifications or upgrades you can do to a Volvo V40, this is the right owners club for you.
Full Forum Listing