Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

As I have ~2,500 km on the clock I started to think if it would be better for my T3 engine if I change oil + filter soon. I know that according to manual it should be done after 30.000 km or 1 year, but don't you think it would be good not to wait so long? Even if it is a modern engine made on a modern production line I guess there may be some leftovers from the factory that could be removed with the early oil change. What do you think? Has any one did it like that?

·
Registered
69 Posts
In my old volvo I was adviced to change oil every 20k km (not 30k, as in manual). I did so, and It worked great for years :)
IMHO 2,5k is nothing.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have changed Oli in my v40 after 5000km. I did especially that car was standard 6 months in delaer. Eventim bestie this fact i think that it is worth to do this, because some engines are test in factory on specjalne Oli and that left factory withou remove it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Off topic and non Volvo related, but I wanted to show the pictures from a modern car, using longlife oil and 30k KM service intervals. Do not know the mileage on the dash, my guess is - close to 200-250k KM. Your thoughts on the oil service intervals?

·
Registered
710 Posts
Well TBH all the moving bits look perfectly fine.
A common problem with modern petrol engines is that with direct injection into the cylinders the inlet valves etc. build up deposits as petrol isn't washing them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts