Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

Has anyone here used any chips or special mods on their 2.5L Turbo Petrol to get any more kW out of the engine?

And along with that, is anyone using any after market exhaust systems for better performance and sweeter sound?

I know a lot of other brands of cars can be tuned slightly better with performance chips so I was wondering what would be the best to get a few extra horses out of my engine?

And finally, has anyone used a blow-off valve and if so what brand and model are you using and do they sound any good?

Cheers,

Alan.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Don't do a chav(dump) valve!!!

Re te t5 there were some mods for the c30 (they also fitted the st) not sure about the lay out in te v40 though, I haven't seen one yet.

I would say the 2.5t5 does like a map, our lasses st was so much better with 285 horses, many are pulling a (fairly) reliable 300+ these days

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't do a chav(dump) valve!!!

Re te t5 there were some mods for the c30 (they also fitted the st) not sure about the lay out in te v40 though, I haven't seen one yet.

I would say the 2.5t5 does like a map, our lasses st was so much better with 285 horses, many are pulling a (fairly) reliable 300+ these days
LoL chav valve!! I only know what that means cause my wife is a Yorkshire lassie!

I'll scratch the chav (bogan for the Oz crowd) valve for now! ?

Reactions: denn1s

·
Registered
78 Posts
Heico have a nice chip that gives you 197kw and 460nm. (+100nm exc. overboost) not a bad gain. And also a lovely quad exhaust that looks horn.

They also have some nice rims but I like the stock ones.

That's as far as I would go.

There were selling stuff via Volvo dealers in Aust I thought but don't seem to be anymore?

I think nothing from Polestar as the V40 T5 already has 187kw vs 184kw the Polestar tune got you in the C30 and C70.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Heico have a nice chip that gives you 197kw and 460nm. (+100nm exc. overboost) not a bad gain. And also a lovely quad exhaust that looks horn.

They also have some nice rims but I like the stock ones.

That's as far as I would go.

There were selling stuff via Volvo dealers in Aust I thought but don't seem to be anymore?

I think nothing from Polestar as the V40 T5 already has 187kw vs 184kw the Polestar tune got you in the C30 and C70.
Hmm, that sounds pretty tempting! Where would one find such a chip and exhaust?

·
Registered
273 Posts
I've just tried looking for the posts, but there is a chap on here that's done the works to his rebel blue V40 including modified exhausts, wind deflectors, suspension the works?

·
Registered
273 Posts
ah just found him! @jamesDUK has a "pimped" V40 in Birmingham so check out his posts. Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Guys,

would anyone have any feedback regarding to the Race Chips brand for the Volvo V40 T5 254bhp,
I've attached a pic to show you options I have (PRO & ULTIMATE packages), just not sure on how the cons out way the pros,
also read that guys that used the ultimate chip had warning lights lit up on dash, you think this could have been from poor installation?
please let me know what you think, would love to give my V40 something extra :)

Regards,
Olive

Attachments

·
Registered
748 Posts
I'd be happy with the many horses at stock. For the sake of a few more and chipping, with insurance needing informing and all that stuff, not sure it's worth it.
But I'm slowly becoming and old fart.

Reactions: anixie

·
Registered
729 Posts
Even old farts (I am also becoming one) do enjoy a bit of extra oomph.
I did tune the car back to stock, because it became my wife's car and she has a pretty heavy right foot.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey anixie, did u have your car tuned with the software u recommended? I have mailed the company and luckily I have a dealer in my country that could help, if u did get the upgrade done, which Volvo did u get it done too? And, im only a semi old fart, but still like my speed and no need for insurance changes / clearances or anything like that?
Thanks for getting back to me.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Hello OliveV40, check my signature, I had it done on a MY 2013 V40 D4. I did check on a rolling road what I got and every single promised horse is present. Change was close to 30 BHP, and a hefty torque lift too. Difference is very noticeable at higher speed where in its tuned guise the car just takes off as if it was doing 40 mph. Very quick indeed from just legal to license gone...
Btw, it is a tad illegal to tune a car in Belgium, but I did tell my insurance company. They were ok with it, slight increase.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.