Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
at least, i think it's called that. Anyway, the system thats supposed to put the brakes on before you run into something - question is, does it have to be activated somehow, 'cos if its not, mine definitely doesn't
Before anyone asks, i tried it a 3,4,5,6,7,8,9, mph and it dont work ! work !

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
It is called City Safety, there is a setting under My Car, where it can be enabled or disabled. There is another thread that talks extensively about this topic

·
Registered
395 Posts
at least, i think it's called that. Anyway, the system thats supposed to put the brakes on before you run into something - question is, does it have to be activated somehow, 'cos if its not, mine definitely doesn't
How did you test it? I though of getting a big cardboard box and putting it up on a quiet road somewhere.......

·
Registered
191 Posts
City Safety defaults to being ON at engine start so it doesn't need to be activated.

City Safety isn't designed to prevent you running into just anything. The system works on reflectivity and has to be fairly sure that what you're approaching is a vehicle, so it won't work if you're approaching say a large cardboard box or a wall.

Are you testing by approaching a vehicle (or something equally reflective)?

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.