Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hy guys, I have V40 D4 2015 with Clean Zone Interior Package (CZIP). My Volvo just turned 4 years and as it says in manual, CZIP will stop after vehicle turning 4 years...

Does anyone knows is there any chance to relaunch this function after 4 years :huh:

It is a realy nice feature, especially during really hot days here in Croatia.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hy guys, I have V40 D4 2015 with Clean Zone Interior Package (CZIP). My Volvo just turned 4 years and as it says in manual, CZIP will stop after vehicle turning 4 years...

Does anyone knows is there any chance to relaunch this function after 4 years :huh:

Hey, I have the same symptoms, but the local dealership told me they are not aware of such time-limited functioning of that feature.
They said it could be either switched off in the car settings menu or simply the battery voltage turned to be too low and the system cuts that function off.
Does anyone else have a similar problem?

·
Registered
95 Posts

Our D3 V60 has this, and it's really good. The manual says:

"CZIP comprises a series of modifications that keep the passenger compartment even clearer from allergy and asthma-inducing substances.
The following is included:
- An enhanced fan function that means that the fan starts when the car is opened with the remote control key. The fan fills the passenger compartment with fresh air. The function starts when required and is disengaged automatically after a time or when one of the passenger compartment doors is opened. The amount of time the fan runs is reduced gradually due to reduced need up until the car is 4 years old.
-The air quality system IAQS (p. 130) is a fully automatic system that cleans the air in the passenger compartment from contaminants such as particles, hydrocarbons, nitrous oxides and ground-level ozone."

So part of the function might be to reduce contaminants from the plastics etc inside the car. Perhaps Volvo think the levels of these after four years are very low therefore and that function is no longer needed. It should still filter air from outside. Perhaps the V40 system is different though?

Was this fitted in V40s sold in the UK? Unfortunately it's not in my V40.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Our D3 V60 has this, and it's really good. The manual says:

"CZIP comprises a series of modifications that keep the passenger compartment even clearer from allergy and asthma-inducing substances.
The following is included:
- An enhanced fan function that means that the fan starts when the car is opened with the remote control key. The fan fills the passenger compartment with fresh air. The function starts when required and is disengaged automatically after a time or when one of the passenger compartment doors is opened. The amount of time the fan runs is reduced gradually due to reduced need up until the car is 4 years old.
-The air quality system IAQS (p. 130) is a fully automatic system that cleans the air in the passenger compartment from contaminants such as particles, hydrocarbons, nitrous oxides and ground-level ozone."

So part of the function might be to reduce contaminants from the plastics etc inside the car. Perhaps Volvo think the levels of these after four years are very low therefore and that function is no longer needed. It should still filter air from outside. Perhaps the V40 system is different though?

Was this fitted in V40s sold in the UK? Unfortunately it's not in my V40.
An interesting finding, that such clear info was stated in the users manual (regarding 4 years period the function is being active). I couldn't find any info like that in the polish version, neither local dealership had any idea of such periodic functioning of CZIP...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts