Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a little concerned about using normal alloy wheel cleaners on my Ixion alloys and was just wondering what people use to clean their diamond cut alloys? I'd probably cry if I damaged them! Cheers :s

·
Registered
382 Posts
Kerbs and potholes damage them, I know that personally! :mad:

I wash them with the car shampoo and polish them with Mer. They come-up a treat!

·
Registered
718 Posts
Don't use alloy cleaner, it is quite corrosive. I have standard alloys. When the car was delivered I removed each wheel, thoroughly cleaned them, especially the back. Treated them with a protective sealant (http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/auto-finesse-mint-rims-cat15.html). Most times all I have had to do is clean the wheels with a pressure washer without any cleaner. Occasionally I remove the wheels and give them a more thorough clean. When cleaned they still look like new. :)

·
Registered
389 Posts
I use a non acid based cleaner, something like Bilberry. Any good car cleaning company should sell it. Used it on my polished Porsche split rims before my d3 rdesign does a cracking job and has never marked any if my wheels in the four years i have been using it.

·
Registered
945 Posts
The wheels are satin finish so don't polish them, occasional wonder wheels will not do them any harm I'd rinsed fully ( I have the concours trophies to show wonder wheels does not kill your rims)

I use swissvax and they do some gear specifically for satin finishes

Nb I hate the rims, they are awful, over complicated and too blingy but the option rims were no better (5 spoke diamond cut jobies) will probably gave them done in anthracite soon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.